Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pipeline Under Elkhorn

They can take that water line and stick it up thier asesss

Post Thanks / Like

AMEN!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, to any FBI folks out there, I'm mad about the pipeline but not this mad.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i just read a story where the KSP beleive an environmental group is laying explosives to deter the water pipeline....these environmentalists have got to stop this crap!...they are in the minority and are doing themselves no favors....I don't agree with the water line but we live in a democracy where majority rules and if the majority wants the water line for the greater good then so be it...i don't like it. but there's no reason to go to the lengths these left-wing nut bags are going to!...sorry to get political on here...it's just stupid to me....Anyone catchin fish anywhere?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow- just saw a story about reports of explosions near the pipeline! If someone is trying to blow up the thing....well, I just don't have words for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redneckshadrap View Post
    They can take that water line and stick it up thier asesss
    You know what.......people GRIPE about not having water, and then GRIPE about the solution providing it.

I don't have a DOG in this fight, but it seems the pipeline solution is a viable solution to water issues in the area........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Viable? Doubtful.

Lexington has already suffered through drought restrictions in the past few years, and connecting to the measly Kentucky River flow isn't going to change that. They're already predicting that a new water source will become necessary not too far down the road.

Not to mention the sprawl the new pipeline is going to bring to rural areas.

A half-million dollar, publicly funded study showed that connecting to Louisville Water's Ohio River pipeline in Shelby County was a lower-cost, lower-impact option. Pipe could've been laid along I-64 at a time when I-64 was already being widened, saving costs.

Frankfort native Jim McWilliams said it best in a (Frankfort) State-Journal interview:

"Why run a huge water transmission line up the gut of the Golden Triangle to the Kentucky River when there is an unlimited supply of fresh water available only 42 miles from Lexington, which is the delivery point in Shelby County by the Louisville Water Co.? The Ohio River has 1,000 times the volume as the Kentucky River, so much water the state Division of Water doesn't even require withdrawal permits to take water from the Ohio River."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    You know what.......people GRIPE about not having water, and then GRIPE about the solution providing it.

I don't have a DOG in this fight, but it seems the pipeline solution is a viable solution to water issues in the area........

Later,

Geo

I don't give a crap about the water. A lot of wasteful people create thier own misery. They have made a mess installing this thing. Road hazards gallore. Drive down Indian Gap road...take a look. I don't agree with the bombings, but being forced to give up your land is hard for anyone to swallow.