Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Needing Dale Hollow info?????

Heading down this weekend to enjoy my new boat and would just love to take my first picture on the water with it holding a big ole pig. What are they biting on right now down there. COME ON ELNUTS...let go of it. I know you're on em....or at least have been on em this time a year before.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Needing Dale Hollow info?????

Tell you what I know, FISH ARE IN TRANSITION. You can catch them deep and shallow but the more shallow fish will be the littler fish. If you want a PIG and want to focus on a PIG then drag a jig in 10-15 foot of water around the main lake points and first points just up inside the major tributarires. The bigger fish will not be as deep as they were a month ago and will be moving towards the backs of the bays to feed on shad to fatten up for winter. Tough time right now, it will be better in a couple of weeks into Novemeber. You might see some topwater action so keep a zara spook tied on just in case. I would use shad color topwater, shad color deep crankbaits, and black and blue hair jigs with trailers. You may get one of the PIGS to hit a slow rolled shad swimbait as well. Againif you want a pig then focus on the 10-15 foot deep water column. Them may be a bit shallower in the early morning but as the day goes on they will move a bit deeper. I am certainly not on them and this is what I would do if I was fishing Dale now. Have not wet a line at Dale since March and not we a line period since May so take my advice for what it is worth. I will say that if you stop in at the One Stop at Celina and ask for Steve Headrick, tell him I sent you and he will give you all the information that is up to date on the lake. He is the BEST when it comes to that lake and I mean the BEST alive today, BAR NONE.

One other thing if you find any deep grass beds in that 10-15 foot of water, fish them THOROUGHLY. I like a 1/4 oz punisher Avacado and Orange jig with a Paca trailer when fishing the grass.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bro. You really need to get better so we can spend some time on the water. I am trying to get time off of work so I can go to the winter get together, but December is NUTS here at UPS.

Post Thanks / Like

flats with grass or wood next to the main river channel or a defined creek channel. I like crankbaits 12-15' with 6 lb line this time of year. Top water early and late.

The night bite should be pretty good too. I'd check the posts on smalljaw.com and dalehollowfishing.com and check with Headrick at the One Stop.

Hope your doing okay Woodrow!
    M

Post Thanks / Like

My cousin and I fished Dale last night and I hope things change before the weekend because as of right now they are not biting good at all. Good luck...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebassman30 View Post
    flats with grass or wood next to the main river channel or a defined creek channel. I like crankbaits 12-15' with 6 lb line this time of year. Top water early and late.

The night bite should be pretty good too. I'd check the posts on smalljaw.com and dalehollowfishing.com and check with Headrick at the One Stop.

Hope your doing okay Woodrow!
    M
    Not doing good Mark, spent 4 more days in the hospital last week with infection and just got released yesterday morning from a couple more days. Tough times right now, trying to get better, have a trip planned to KY Lake next weekend with 3sons, Mike. Hoping to not get down there and have any problems, long way from UK.