Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Raporter or anyone else.......Turnover at Patoka

Hey........someone posted a couple days ago that Patoka was already turning over.

First.......is this true.......

Second......what about other lakes........How about Hoosier Nat, Dogwood, Boggs, etc, etc.

I'm thinking of going to Patoka this weekend, but really don't want to waste the time if it is already starting to turn..........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raporter or anyone else.......Turnover at Patoka

Geo , I fish Dogwood alot , and Boggs some. I have a friend that fishes Patoka alot. I will collect some data for you this week...

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Patoka this past weekend.....several people thought it was turning over. I have been told by someone at the DNR that Monroe already has also.....but not sure on that. I would wait to go to Patoka...it was TOUGH this weekend. Out of 150 teams in a tourney only 54 weighed in. Three limits, three fours, several threes, and many ones or nones! We had five keepers and about 13 lbs....but those were our only bites all day!!! Luckily my old man killed them from the back of the boat and my one just filled out the limit. Several bigger fish were caught....just not very many keepers. Water temps were in the low 70's...wait a couple weeks and things will be easier.....hopefully your next fishing adventure won't be as crazy as KY was for you recently!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i can't imagine patoka (main lake) turned over right now...but nature is crazy

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I was skeptical also. This was my first trip there though so my personal opinion doesn't mean much I was just going by what others said at the USA BASSIN Regional.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help you Geo. Bow season is in and I am looking for a biggun. So far looking is all I am doing though. Good luck if you do get over here.

Post Thanks / Like

Geo
    have not fished patoka in a while but I have some friends that have property down there. this sounds way to early but it is true. the lake is in the process.
    looks like bobber fishin down @ dale may start early this year

Post Thanks / Like

Geo -
    Water is discolored like turnover – but possibly due to previous rains – does not smell – yet…

Fishing is still tough - caught a few fish last weekend from 2 ft to 15 ft – graph showed fish deeper than that …

If it is turnover – it’s the earliest on Patoka that I can remember!

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Patoka on Sunday but not in the tournament. Yes it is turning over. I have a friend who lives close to the lake and fishes it frequently. He was there last Thursday and confirms what I thought, the lake is turning over.

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka has dropped almost 10 degrees in a little over a week. For the Hoosier Open friends said water was 74-75 this last Sunday it was 64-65. In my opinion it is turning over. Color is almost black and lots of debris floating up from the bottom that looks half decayed.

Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka started turning over about two weeks ago. I read the USACE water quality reports religiously, and the graphs started showing uniform temperature and dissolved oxygen from the surface down to 25 feet. This is the first turnover I've ever had reason to notice, and it definitely seems like it put the fishing off. It is rather strange though...I've always heard that a true fall turnover happens at much lower water temps than this. I wasn't expecting it to happen at the end of September.

P.S. First post...looks like a good site. I'm in Evansville, and it's great to see so many members here frm my neck of the woods.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board.