Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raporter or anyone else.......Turnover at Patoka

Thanks guys..........anyone fishing Hoosier Nat lakes.....I might go there instead.

If Patoka is in turnover, maybe those are DONE..........hm.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

hmm...i thought the lake i was in the other day looked a little not so clear as it should be... not much action...did catch 2 nice ones deep though and then had to leave

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Patoka tuesday the 6th. My dad and I fished from 7am-3pm. Had one the best days I have ever had on the lake. We caught 24-30 bass all but 5 were keepers with the biggest going around 6lbs. Our best 5 weighed 20lbs+. It all depends on were you are the lake as to whether it is rolling over yet. I was fishing clear water and was catching fish on spinner and buzz baits all day long. We had limit of 2lb+ fish within half an hour of launching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shane2480 View Post
    I fished Patoka tuesday the 6th. My dad and I fished from 7am-3pm. Had one the best days I have ever had on the lake. We caught 24-30 bass all but 5 were keepers with the biggest going around 6lbs. Our best 5 weighed 20lbs+. It all depends on were you are the lake as to whether it is rolling over yet. I was fishing clear water and was catching fish on spinner and buzz baits all day long. We had limit of 2lb+ fish within half an hour of launching.
    must be nice...

Post Thanks / Like

No joke....you would have won the tourney on Sunday! Only 3 out of 149 teams brought in a limit, my dad and I included. What area of the lake did you find clear water??? i fished topwater until 10am and didn't have a bite...we caught ours on lipless cranks and a chatterbait. Fishing was tough, tough, tough......we only had six bites all day!

Post Thanks / Like

would love to tell you were on the lake but i am sworn to secrecy by the guy that showed me one of his honey holes. he fishes the hoosier open series and i don't want to give away his spots. I will say that i was pleasantly surprised as to how well we did. that is by far my best day the lake in about 8 yrs. hope you understand why i won't give away my location, not trying to be mean just don't want to anger my friend by sending loads of people to his spots. i only caught maybe 4/5 on buzzbaits rest were on spinners and flukes.

Post Thanks / Like

would love to tell you were on the lake but i am sworn to secrecy by the guy that showed me one of his honey holes. he fishes the hoosier open series and i don't want to give away his spots. I will say that i was pleasantly surprised as to how well we did. that is by far my best day the lake in about 8 yrs. hope you understand why i won't give away my location, not trying to be mean just don't want to anger my friend by sending loads of people to his spots. i only caught maybe 4/5 on buzzbaits rest were on spinners and flukes.

Oh, I understand....I didn't mean to ask for a specific spot...just an area...up the river, main lake, over weeds??? I don't fish Patoka on a regular basis anyway, and just wondered how/why you smoked em' when it was so tough Sunday for so many boats. Bass are funny creatures!!!! I guess that's what draws me to them.....just when I think I've figured something out....it changes!

Post Thanks / Like

every single fish that we caught was over/in/or near grass. we were fishing a creek arm and never took the boat out of 10' of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Shane,

When you say "grass", are you referring to the milfoil that's everywhere, or are there spots with actually grass?

Not to be pedantic, but I've searched and searched that Lake, and haven't found any thing other than the mucky milfoil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
    Shane,

When you say "grass", are you referring to the milfoil that's everywhere, or are there spots with actually grass?

Not to be pedantic, but I've searched and searched that Lake, and haven't found any thing other than the mucky milfoil.

Hey , you made it !!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, yeah...I'm sitting here trying not to move too much, typing very carefully.

Post Thanks / Like

every single fish that we caught was over/in/or near grass. we were fishing a creek arm and never took the boat out of 10' of water.
    Perhaps, you were in school of fish on that particular grass bed. Did you tried to duplicate that pattern elsewhere on the lake?