Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Two UL Basketball Players Arrested

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Breaking News: 2 U of L basketball players arrested, charged with resisting arrest

03:50 PM EDT on Sunday, October 11, 2009. FROM WHAS11

(WHAS11) - University of Louisville Sports Information Director Kenny Klein has confirmed that basketball players Terrence Jennings and Jerry Smith were arrested Saturday night in Jeffersonville, Indiana.

Both were charged with resisting arrest, held in Clark County jail and released Sunday.

Jennings, a sophomore forward, and Smith, a senior guard, are on the starting roster for the 2009-2010 season at U of L.

Coach Rick Pitino told WHAS11 that, "we are aware of the situation and will be handling it internally."

WHAS11 is investigating what led to this arrest and will update as information becomes available.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Two UL Basketball Players Arrested

I figured it would be UK players not UL players. That dang Coach Cal. corrupted the wrong Kentucky players! LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little misunderstanding is all. Gillisipie was at this Frat party drunk on Moonshine and picked a fight with Jerry, TJ had his back. Just a little altercation is all no big deal.

Post Thanks / Like

That "resisting arrest" charge sounds to me like some over zealous cops out to make some headlines. Probably a non-story.

Besides, how can you be charged with resisting arrest and nothing else? If they were trying to arrest you before you resisted, shouldn't there be other charges?

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I knew if there was free drinks to be had he would show up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    That "resisting arrest" charge sounds to me like some over zealous cops out to make some headlines. Probably a non-story.

Besides, how can you be charged with resisting arrest and nothing else? If they were trying to arrest you before you resisted, shouldn't there be other charges?
    I believe when you have spoiled athletes involved from any school they will act as if they don't need to listen to the police officers.

I side with the police before spoiled kids anyday!

Post Thanks / Like

The actual charge in Indiana is Resisting law enforcement:

IC 35-44-3-3
    Resisting law enforcement;
    Sec. 3. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally:
    (1) forcibly resists, obstructs, or interferes with a law enforcement officer or a person assisting the officer while the officer is lawfully engaged in the execution of the officer's duties;
    (2) forcibly resists, obstructs, or interferes with the authorized service or execution of a civil or criminal process or order of a court; or
    (3) flees from a law enforcement officer after the officer has, by visible or audible means, including operation of the law enforcement officer's siren or emergency lights, identified himself or herself and ordered the person to stop;
    commits resisting law enforcement, a Class A misdemeanor

From what I have been able to find out, TJ was nto an altercation with another individual and an off duty police officer (working security) tried to break it up. Jennings didn't respond to said police officer and was tasered and arrested. Jerry then approached the police to try and see if he could take TJ home and was told to leave by police and didn't do so and then was arrested as well.

Not the end of the world but still a stupid mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

What I heard was a 3rd party was picking a fight with Jennings and he stood up and got loud,a plain clothes police officer grabbed his shoulder without announcing he was an officer and Jennings jerked away from him as most of us would do when riled.
    They placed Jennings under arrest and Smith kept pleading to let him take Jennings home after being warned to step away as many of us would do,then he was arrested also.
    This is not fact only what I've heard,while I don't think it's that big of deal,had it been UK players the media and you UL fans would be all over it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    What I heard was a 3rd party was picking a fight with Jennings and he stood up and got loud,a plain clothes police officer grabbed his shoulder without announcing he was an officer and Jennings jerked away from him as most of us would do when riled.
    They placed Jennings under arrest and Smith kept pleading to let him take Jennings home after being warned to step away as many of us would do,then he was arrested also.
    This is not fact only what I've heard,while I don't think it's that big of deal,had it been UK players the media and you UL fans would be all over it.
    Oh come on now, the razzing goes both ways brother, it dang sure ain't one sided, lol. I'll guarantee you UK fans are gonna have a field day with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Oh come on now, the razzing goes both ways brother, it dang sure ain't one sided, lol. I'll guarantee you UK fans are gonna have a field day with this.
    Exactly, I cannot belive Mills hasn't been here to stoke the flames lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I find to be ironic,this was a Louisville Alumni Homecoming Dinner to start with,why did they feel the need to have Off Duty Cops working this event and arresting two of their own Student Athletes to start with?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Exactly, I cannot belive Mills hasn't been here to stoke the flames lol!
    Man I hadn't seen Clyde around for some time now. Anyone talk with him??