Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

cherokee stripers

I am new to this forum and rock fishing but i love to rock fish and fish in general. I have had great success this spring and early summer but am having a hard time finding fish now. Any and all help will be greatly appriciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cherokee stripers

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK MAN View Post
    I am new to this forum and rock fishing but i love to rock fish and fish in general. I have had great success this spring and early summer but am having a hard time finding fish now. Any and all help will be greatly appriciated.
    A guy, who owns one of the local sporting goods stores, said the stripers are surfacing in the cooler water feeding on baitfish in Cherokee Lake. From his description I think they are probably moving up the lake along the river. They are being caught on live shad, Long A Bombers, and even on some Spooks and bass lures. He also mentioned that when they are feeding on shad, there are several stripers together. One fisherman caught 5 that were in the 12-15 pound range about a week ago; they were near the surface and he was trolling a Long A Bomber.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! That may be my problem i am still fishing the lower end of the lake i was out the other day and saw a school come up but just for a few minutes and didnt catch any.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish for Stripers about two to three days aweek . Have been catching a few a few at pt. 24 with umbrella Rigs . Bucktail Flies . They have also been hitting from pt. 10 to pt.20 , Watch for the Birds they are good locaters for Stripers .. Suggest you get a Book by Vernon Summerlin ...East Tennesse Fishing Map Guide... This time of year they head upstream to Spawn . But they are shooting blanks.. TWRA will be stocking 75000 Hyrids and 25000 Stripers this comeing year.. YANK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    I fish for Stripers about two to three days aweek . Have been catching a few a few at pt. 24 with umbrella Rigs . Bucktail Flies . They have also been hitting from pt. 10 to pt.20 , Watch for the Birds they are good locaters for Stripers .. Suggest you get a Book by Vernon Summerlin ...East Tennesse Fishing Map Guide... This time of year they head upstream to Spawn . But they are shooting blanks.. TWRA will be stocking 75000 Hyrids and 25000 Stripers this comeing year.. YANK
    thanks YANK all help is greatly appriciated. I heard that after this year they are going to stop stocking hybrids and striers in cherokee and start stocking muskee. Do you know if there is any truth to this rumor?

Post Thanks / Like

Have not heard that .. Yank