Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Striper help on Cumberland

Have a friend here from out of state and he has 2 days left to striper fish before he has to return home. We' really struggled today due to my lack of time on the water lately. Can anyone point us in the right direction? We are headed back early in the a.m. and any help will be greatly appreciated. We will be in a gray Crestliner...be sure to say hello if you see us. If anyone can help out, I can help out with a good crappie spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Striper help on Cumberland

sorry, duplicate
    Last edited by FlyLie; 10-16-2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: duplicate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandguy1 View Post
    Have a friend here from out of state and he has 2 days left to striper fish before he has to return home. We' really struggled today due to my lack of time on the water lately. Can anyone point us in the right direction? We are headed back early in the a.m. and any help will be greatly appreciated. We will be in a gray Crestliner...be sure to say hello if you see us. If anyone can help out, I can help out with a good crappie spot.

Wish I could offer better advise, but have also had a tough time finding the stripers lately myself. Last time out was a weekago this past Thursday, Oct 8th. Started out across from Indian Creek, but nothing. Moved up the lake and finally picked up 3 fish in main lake trolling past the mouth of Lily and Wolf Creeks around mid day (after a breif shower). One 23" short fish on a planner board/shiner, a 29" fish on a planner board/shiner and a 31 inch fish on a 4 inch swim bait. All at around 15 - 30 feed deep. On Wed the 7th, pulled planner boards in the early am along North shore from Indiana Creek to Rowana and never did see a fish or any bait to speak of.

Below are links to a couple of recent reports from local guides. Hope this is helpful and you get on some fish. Thinking I may go out again on Sunday, don't have game plan other than run/hunt and pull boards in and around the creek mouths.

http://www.stripertime.com/FishingReport.html

http://conleystriper.com/report.html

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Striper help on Cumberland

try the head of pitman creek above boatclub boats about as far up as you can go there was alot of stripers up there about a week ago in shad.

ranger519

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys. We fished those flats across from Indian today. LOL...... If you guys need a crappie spot, yell.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys. We fished those flats across from Indian today. LOL...... If you guys need a crappie spot, yell.
    Catch any stripes? I haven't got to striper fish much at all this year

Post Thanks / Like

We caught a few. We had about 15 minutes of action and then 5 hours of nothing. LOL. Typical striper fishing this time of year. We only had 1 keeper out of 6 fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report!

The only time I got to go this year, we had severe storms (bad cloud to ground lightening etc.) out of an afternoon only got to fish half hour or so, caught one short fish (22")

Post Thanks / Like

It's rained on me the last 4 times I've went. LOL....going tomorrow...it will rain again.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

I had luck working tight to the banks just north of Jamestown on the walls on the right side of the lake across from Wolfe Creek. Downpoles with shiners at 25-30 feet in 30-40 feet of water and I mean as tight to the banks as a downpole that deep will let you. Did same thing with planer boards and light or no weight with bait 25 feet behind boards in the first turn and bay in Otter Creek. We came in with the banks on our right and ran the boards about 25-30 feet off the bank and as close as 10 feet off the bank till we got hit.

BassPRO in Jamestown has Gizzard shad. Our bites came equally on shad and shiners.

Best bite was night of 12th, north of the mouth of Wolfe, and over the main lake. Jumps came up in the middle of the lake, then moved to the little inlet bay on the same side of the lake as the mouth of Wolfe and just north of Wolfe. If jumps first came up at about 530 EST and lasted till about 730 EST, rather small groups, short duration jumps, jumps started about every 20minutes or so. Fish we caught in the jumps were all keepers with the biggest being a 29 incher. Silver Zora Spook , Hopkins Spoons 2 ounce, and a Blue/Silver Redfin drew hits and hookups.

Post Thanks / Like

going to cumberland 10/24.need crappie info,thanks

Post Thanks / Like

CumberlandGuy1, Sent you a PM
    Boone