Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What The Heck Happened???

Well its been a while. I did my homework and i found a ten acre plot of ground surrounded by several thousand acres that is owned by one of the guide services in the tri-county area. I got permission to hunt the ground and the gps coordinates from out of state heirs who still own the plot. They would not sell but promised me i would have first opportunity to buy the land if they decided to sell it.
    I had been told these particular guides have been known to claim land they do not own. So in order to avoid their drama i was carefull to not let them know i was hunting. The most practical way to access was by canoeing three miles down a creek where i decided i would hunt on the ground with a 30-30 and open sites.
    On the way in i noticed what looked like several two man deer blinds twenty five and thirty feet off the ground. I couldnt help but laugh at the thought of someone sniping deer with a high powered rifle through a crack from thirty feet up in the air...roflmao. I was taught from childhood that hunting was a man vs nature thing and not a sniping contest.
    But i did better than i had ever imagined i would. Second day of the season and with one shot i downed a thick bodied twelve point buck with some of the heaviest beams i ever thought possible. Each point was as long and as straight as it could be and both sides were uniform and as perfect of a match as one could hope for. That deer was beautiful and could best be described as nothing short of a perfect work of art.
    When i got back to my vehicle i had two "PROFESSIONAL HUNTING GUIDES" standing there with cell phones in their hands threatening to call the law. And when they saw my deer they came unglued and demanded that i write them a check for $2200.00 or they were going to have my vehicle, canoe/trolling motor and gun confiscated and have me prosecuted for tresspassing.

Yeah right ill bet you will.

Post Thanks / Like

You can never really "Go Back"

"There is nothing permanent , but the changes "

I fear that one day soon our children will talk and dream of the Free country their parents once knew!

BTW, Nice job on the 12 pointer! I would like to have seen the guides faces!

Post Thanks / Like

Things really got hot when i told them they had a real nice place fixed up there and i sure had fun hunting it. They called me every kind of SOB in the book. I pointed out the fact they have a elevated deer blind and two large food plots located on a ten acre tract that they do not own. I also told them i would call the conservation officer and report them for vandalism, poaching deer and criminal tresspassing. It was amazing how quickly they calmed down after that. They really calmed down when i told them i might not report them if they cut me a $25,000.00 check. Now that was when they had some truly stupid looks on their faces.

Post Thanks / Like

Man that's a great story! Congrats on the deer and a huge congrats on putting those fellars in their place. Did they apologize? Or at least address the fact that they were tresspassing?

Post Thanks / Like

I could describe things that have happened on our family farm, but it is similar to what you have been told. People will trespass, try to run you off your own property, cut a thirty foot cedar down because they want the top six feet, etc. I suggest that you give it some time and get to know people better. Some of them might be receptive to having help with some farm work now and them. Give them a chance to know you and seed that you will treat their property in the right way. JMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about the spelling above. I meant to say "see". Typing is not one of my strong points.

Post Thanks / Like

Things are looking up a bit. Last month i made a deal with a guy if i would take a jon boat around the banks of his lakes and gig the garbage with a trash poker stick then he would give me fishing rights. Hes got a lot of lakes out there and ill be more than glad to clean them up for him.