Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Trappers Anyone?

http://www.kypost.com/content/wcposh...V4JHuQLJg.cspx

Personally don't think it's much of a threat,but I guess you never know.I built several houses in that area at one time and they do have a very healthy coyote and deer population.Alot of deer there are unafraid of humans,we watched 7 does walk on a ladies back patio and start eating her flowers and plants,she shooed them off with a broom only for them to go right back,all this while we set trusses with a crane next door.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coyote Trappers Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    http://www.kypost.com/content/wcposh...V4JHuQLJg.cspx

Personally don't think it's much of a threat,but I guess you never know. I built several houses in that area at one time and they do have a very healthy coyote and deer population. Alot of deer there are unafraid of humans, we watched 7 does walk on a ladies back patio and start eating her flowers and plants,she shooed them off with a broom only for them to go right back, all this while we set trusses with a crane next door.
    The state of Virginia was paying bounties for coyotes but stopped when the economy got so bad.

I live in an adjoining state and coyotes killed a calf at the fence on the neighbor's farm right behind our barn. About a month ago they killed another neighbor's cat in the corner of our yard and it was a horrible sight; the cat's whole head was peeled down to the skull and all the way down to its shoulders. These coyotes are large and look like a mixture between a coyote and wolf or german shepherd dogs. For some reason they don't just kill for food like wild animals normally do. I know of two incidents where they killed a whole heard of sheep and a few miles away they killed 12 goats within one night.