Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ignore list

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Re: Ignore list

Hmmm....agreed. That way you can't see the nasty things people say to you and you'd have no need to defend yourself. Another way of looking at it, personally, I'd rather see the good and the bad. But that's just me. And ya know sometimes people have to butt heads for a while to come to a truce and a reconciliation. Sometimes its not what is said but how its said. And sometimes when somebody gets attacked, its just time to play around the horns for a little to see if someone see's the futility in being just a little to self-righteous/pushy. That's why I get flippant, to highlight the antagonism I am responding to, and to dance around the horns. Cause seriously, tell me what can happen on this board that really should make me worry too much? Is a forum for discussion, not a dark alley.

No offense intended, we all got our own opionion and I respect yours.

Post Thanks / Like

When we had Moose1 and PL on here jousting about politics I loved it. These guys were die hard Liberals and really dug their heels in on their opinions.

This was before they took some things so personal that they dropped some nasty posts and it got them banned but I loved the banter. It was fun to see how they got their feathers ruffled and to see how they did it as well.

Glad I experienced it.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Ignore list

I just wish I would have had one of those ignore options when I was married to my first wife.

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving everyone's comments in full view builds character in my opinion...now if someone is a complete moron, or an idiot or acts like an 11 year old child then that's a different story, in this case by all means ignore the person...but if it's just disgruntlemnts over politics or religeon or whatever, leave them turned on. The way I see it is you can do one of two things...ignore the person and pretend the world (YOUR world) is a perfect place, or you can continue reading posts by the same person and perhaps learn from them...now what you learn from them is up for grabs, maybe all you'll learn is that the person you're thinking about ignoring really and truly is a moron!

For all I know some or none of you are reading this post of mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Ignore list

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    When we had Moose1 and PL on here jousting about politics I loved it. These guys were die hard Liberals and really dug their heels in on their opinions.

This was before they took some things so personal that they dropped some nasty posts and it got them banned but I loved the banter. It was fun to see how they got their feathers ruffled and to see how they did it as well.

Glad I experienced it.

I've got some bad news for you boy.......I'm not banned and neither is ole Moose....He comes here anytime he feels like it just like I do.......I don't come around much anymore since I figured you people were already miserable enought considering how the past 2 elections went.....I see no reason to come here and kick more sand in your faces while your down, heck most of you already have enough problems dealing with a black man in the White House as it is.........Eh?

PL
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PL View Post
    I've got some bad news for you boy.......I'm not banned and neither is ole Moose....He comes here anytime he feels like it just like I do.......I don't come around much anymore since I figured you people were already miserable enought considering how the past 2 elections went.....I see no reason to come here and kick more sand in your faces while your down, heck most of you already have enough problems dealing with a black man in the White House as it is.........Eh?

PL
    ''BOY''........................................... .....Get'em Don, Sick'em!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I love it! The old battle ax is back. Welcome back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PL View Post
    heck most of you already have enough problems dealing with a black man in the White House as it is.........Eh?
    I have no idea who you are PL, apparently some of the guys here know you so I guess you've been around here awhile. Anyway I think I speak for the majority of white men in this country when I say we don't have a problem with a "black man" being in the white house. However, what we DO have a problem with is the inexperienced person (Nobama) who happened to get the majority of the votes.

Color don't make the man, actions do!...and so far judging from the actions I've seen out of Nobama thus far, yea you're right, I have a problem with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    Leaving everyone's comments in full view builds character in my opinion...now if someone is a complete moron, or an idiot or acts like an 11 year old child then that's a different story, in this case by all means ignore the person...but if it's just disgruntlemnts over politics or religeon or whatever, leave them turned on. The way I see it is you can do one of two things...ignore the person and pretend the world (YOUR world) is a perfect place, or you can continue reading posts by the same person and perhaps learn from them...now what you learn from them is up for grabs, maybe all you'll learn is that the person you're thinking about ignoring really and truly is a moron!

For all I know some or none of you are reading this post of mine.
    I would like to know what there is about leaving comments of the person I want to ignore, in my view, that "builds character." That would be like trying to shove them down my throat which would only make matters worse. It is only discussions and some good joking among a group of people; none of it builds character. This is simply a discussion board and, IMO, no member should be forced to tolerate anyone whether there is an argument or the member is fed up with that person. There is no pretense the world is a perfect place if someone decides to ignore a member who constantly agitates them. It is just doing a little bit of house cleaning.

If I understand the function of an Ignore List, it only removes the posts of the ignored person from the board of the person who put them on the list. Other members can still read what the ignored person wrote.

Peter hit the target by installing the Ignore List feature on Fishin.com. I would like for him to post a thread explaining, for those who don't know, exactly how the Ignore List works.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about that ignore list stuff...seems to be getting a little weird on here lately.

PL is back with his same ole act. Thought I slapped you off the back of the head enough to do you a while, and look what happens. You come on here and drop a "boy" on ole Don. Agree it's good to see you've recovered enough from the verbal wedgies to give it a shot though. Pretty weak shot, but your game never was much anyway. Tell ole Moose we said duh huh...he'll know what you mean.
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody that could take up for a communist nobody like obama ain't right in the head anyway.Typical Liberal thinking "Don't Earn Your Way,Have It Handed To You From Other Folks Hard Work And Sweat".Here's A nobel prize for being black.
    You can bet one thing is for sure,everybody has wised up to the Commies in office and they won't be there next round.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    I would like to know what there is about leaving comments of the person I want to ignore, in my view, that "builds character."
    Now I know of at least two people who haven't put me on their ignore list, lol...Ok...maybe "builds character" was not the correct term...but it's not to far off.

Signed,

Chub (Viewing-the-world-through-a-large-window) Minnow