Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bummed out.........Cancelling my KY trip this weekend.

Fix my daughters car, or go to KY..........WHILE I'd love to fish, the pain of having to drag her butt all over the place outweighed the trip........

I put 500 bucks in her car yesterday, so I had to cancel my trip.......I might even have to cancel the next, depending on how things go..........

Oh well............I guess I can start getting out the fnf stuff for my trip end of November.........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bummed out.........Cancelling my KY trip this weekend.

Well I would feel sorry for ya if you hadn't already been there 5 times this year, lol. Fix her car George and hurry up will ya, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Well I would feel sorry for ya if you hadn't already been there 5 times this year, lol. Fix her car George and hurry up will ya, lol.

5?, don't you mean 55 Mark??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    5?, don't you mean 55 Mark??
    LOL, Yea Woody I figured I cut it back way short....

Post Thanks / Like

Well boys..........I might be back on...............I forgot about my "emergency fishing fund".

I have it for EMERGENCY trips........but hey.......since I don't get any trips in november (not until after Thanksgiving), I guess I can drain it now

SO...........DRAINING AWAY............

Post Thanks / Like

George: Hope you guys have a better trip this time. The fall patterns fell back into place this past few days with the topwater bite coming back good and also the bite on the flats. We have a nasty wet front coming in tomorrow and Friday and the forecast if for some heavy rains (forecasting up to 3-5" locally) but at least it is not an arctic front like the one two weekends ago that shut the fish down. Just have to wait and see what happens but the weekend looks good right now weather wise. It rained here all day yesterday too, I am beginning to feel like a sponge with all this wet weather we have had this year..lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    George: Hope you guys have a better trip this time. The fall patterns fell back into place this past few days with the topwater bite coming back good and also the bite on the flats. We have a nasty wet front coming in tomorrow and Friday and the forecast if for some heavy rains (forecasting up to 3-5" locally) but at least it is not an arctic front like the one two weekends ago that shut the fish down. Just have to wait and see what happens but the weekend looks good right now weather wise. It rained here all day yesterday too, I am beginning to feel like a sponge with all this wet weather we have had this year..lol.
    A big 10-4 on the sponge Dave. I've never seen anything like it. They siad on the news last night that with this system Friday it would be the wettest Oct in Kentucky history. I can never remember a year like this ever.

Good luck George it's probably been three or four days since you've hit a big lake fishing so Lord knows you deserve the trip, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    A big 10-4 on the sponge Dave. I've never seen anything like it. They siad on the news last night that with this system Friday it would be the wettest Oct in Kentucky history. I can never remember a year like this ever.

Good luck George it's probably been three or four days since you've hit a big lake fishing so Lord knows you deserve the trip, lol.
    That's a good one mhall! Thank god for emergency funds. I guess we can blame EL-Nino for all the rain this year farmers have had it tough both spring and fall.

Post Thanks / Like

The rain has helped my fishing plans for this winter. No drought like last year and Dale is being kept several feet higher than last as it is not having to keep the Cumberland River wet due to keeping the Big C at a stable level. Looks like a normal winter, water level wise, for me at Dale and all my spots will not be dry-docked like last year plus the lake will cool at normal levels unlike last year. No offense to all the spounges out there, Dave, but glad to see the rain now because my next fishing trip is not until the first week of December and hope for a normal winter. The FNF bite will be in full gear at the get together and will start before that, now just keep the air temps normal and let the water hit 50 for the first time around the first week of December and my bobber will be dancing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    I think my buddy Embrey is having a class with you Sunday........We're figuring logistics right now......but looks like we're coming down Saturday, and then I'm going to fish with Kevin on Sun while he's in class with you , and then we're going to pick him up and head to Sugar or somewhere for the evening bite, before we head home sunday........

Wohoo........ANOTHER KY trip ........ .

I never though I'd STEAL from my Dale Hollow fund to fish ANYWHERE, but I guess this is a case where I should . Besides work is keeping me from fishing anywhere in November....at least until Friday after Thanksgiving....

Notice how I'm still trying to justify a trip ......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I think my buddy Embrey is having a class with you Sunday........We're figuring logistics right now......but looks like we're coming down Saturday, and then I'm going to fish with Kevin on Sun while he's in class with you , and then we're going to pick him up and head to Sugar or somewhere for the evening bite, before we head home sunday........

I never though I'd STEAL from my Dale Hollow fund to fish ANYWHERE, but I guess this is a case where I should . Besides work is keeping me from fishing anywhere in November....at least until Friday after Thanksgiving....

Good to see you've got your priorities set right ... didn't take too long to change your mind and tap that EFF (Emergency Fishing Fund) !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post

you don't have to justify your trip mhall did it for you.