Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: patoka

Post Thanks / Like

Re: patoka

That is very true in most instances. With the guys that work with me I will not tolerate giving out bad information. I tell them to treat the customer as if they were talking to their fishing buddy. If we are constantly giving out bad advice it does no good all the way around. If I offended anyone I whole heartedly appologize. My whole point was to consider that you don't know what can be said that may offend others. If you ever shop at Bass Pro and get bad advice or bad information please feel free to let us know and we will address the issue. Again for my part I appologize, I just ask that others watch name calling because as I said before you never know who is on these posts.

Post Thanks / Like

obviouly i know people read this stuff...its the internet. that doesnt change a thing about what i said... its not my fault people are dumb. itll be ok...i found it hilarious

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shane2480 View Post
    i wasn't threatning anyone. I was simply telling him to enjoy his next trip to Bass Pro. I have no idea who Embry is and wouldn't know him if he walked up and hi. I don't appreciate adults who act like kids. If you get bad advice let us or some one know so we can fix the problem, because as a floor supervisor the last thing I want is for my associates to be giving out wrong, misleading, or bad information. However calling the associate is "a retard" is very degradeing eespecially to someone with a mentally challenged child. That was my whole point was to watch what you say in regards to people because you don't know who might take an "innocent" comment the wrong way. If that is taken as a threat then so be it but I have a child with a mental issue and seeing anyone called a retard especially people that I work with will bother me to a degree.
    so, i should have grabbed him and took him to the counter and said "hey, this guy doesnt know anything"??? give me a break. i just paid him no attention and bought what i came to get, which was not what he said should work right now...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shane2480 View Post
    I' m one of the fishing department floor supervisors. so don't think my guys won't know what is being said about them. By the way Embry do you have any connection to Got 2 Love It bass organization? Either way my guys will know what is said about them. So enjoy your next visit to the Bass Pro fishing department.
    almost didnt see this...what does got2love it have to do with anything?

Post Thanks / Like

The got2luvit thiing had nothing to do with the discussion i was just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

no ,ive only been in one tournament ever and it had 5 boats...really dont like em much

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    I do know when this stuff started the lake had NOT turned over.......it might be getting close now.......
    Geo...you may find it hard to believe, but Patoka started turning over in late September. It sounds crazy, but I saw the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers data with my own eyes. Here is the latest from them:

http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/wq/prr.html

This is dated November 1st, a month ago. Take a look at the temperature data. The lake only varied by 1 degree F from 0 to 50 feet depth. That is post-turnover if I ever saw it.

I agree that turnover usually happens at much lower temperatures, but something was different this year. I don't know why it happened, but it happened.

Post Thanks / Like

ah, then that makes 3 turnovers this year!

Post Thanks / Like

I ate three turnovers yesterday for Thanksgiving.