Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: patoka

Post Thanks / Like

patoka

Can anyone give me the conditions on Patoka? Thinking about going there tomorrow morning. Going to be bass fishing. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: patoka

water is way up, docks at Osbourn were partially under water. My brother in law and me went thursday, had 4 bites, caught 4 fish, had 4 keepers, the biggest right at 19 inches, good somewhat windy day. Three biggest were caught on a a buzz. 2 on black 1 on chartreuse last one on carolina rig lizard. Water temp was 55. The buzz was way up in the flooded bushes

Post Thanks / Like

fished it this past weekend.... couple bites, one fish about 15. Did anyone else fish it this past weekend because I want to know what there biting on. I talked to a guy and he said his friend caught about 8 four pounders and 3 five pounders saturday.... Probably going back this weekend to try again.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished it for a couple of hours Sunday. I really wish I had gotten my butt out of bed earlier. I caught one 16" bass on a white spinnerbait. Water temp was 59 degrees. If you can get out there when it isn't windy, your chances are very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
    I fished it for a couple of hours Sunday. I really wish I had gotten my butt out of bed earlier. I caught one 16" bass on a white spinnerbait. Water temp was 59 degrees. If you can get out there when it isn't windy, your chances are very good.
    I tend to disagree with you here. I fished Monroe Sat. when the wind was howling (20-25 mph) and the fishing was great....for bass and stripers. Tourney weights that day would support that....it took almost 20 lbs. to win that day! The wind blown banks were the best, at least for me. Although, it is easier to fish/drive when it isn't windy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Sunday too - water is very high - but had a few bites - crankbait - buzzbait - plastic...........One lonely keeper, couple of short fish - beats working in the yard!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post
    I tend to disagree with you here. I fished Monroe Sat. when the wind was howling (20-25 mph) and the fishing was great....for bass and stripers. Tourney weights that day would support that....it took almost 20 lbs. to win that day! The wind blown banks were the best, at least for me. Although, it is easier to fish/drive when it isn't windy!!!!
    I didn't mean to imply the wind hurt the fishing. I just meant what you alluded to...trying to keep a boat on a spot in 15-20mph wind just ruins the day for me. I want to relax. If I could afford a private boat chauffeur, I'd fish in a 50mph wind.

Post Thanks / Like

how deep were the fish you all caught?? also i got there about 7 and we had to wait for 2 hours to move around on the lake because the fog was so bad..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
    I didn't mean to imply the wind hurt the fishing. I just meant what you alluded to...trying to keep a boat on a spot in 15-20mph wind just ruins the day for me. I want to relax. If I could afford a private boat chauffeur, I'd fish in a 50mph wind.

I hear ya.....boat control was an issue for me on Sat. I hooked a big striper off of a riprap bank and while I was fighting it before I knew it I was ON the bank It sounds like Patoka has been tough.....interesting enough (and surprisingly) Monroe has been really good! We have been catching them on lipless cranks, cranks, SB, and jigs. Deep, shallow, and in-between. Maybe the high water at Patoka has them thrown off....try fishing the 10-15 range...which would normally be the 3-8 ft. range. Have you guys tried fishing the flooded grass and wood???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lroberts View Post
    I hear ya.....boat control was an issue for me on Sat. I hooked a big striper off of a riprap bank and while I was fighting it before I knew it I was ON the bank It sounds like Patoka has been tough.....interesting enough (and surprisingly) Monroe has been really good! We have been catching them on lipless cranks, cranks, SB, and jigs. Deep, shallow, and in-between. Maybe the high water at Patoka has them thrown off....try fishing the 10-15 range...which would normally be the 3-8 ft. range. Have you guys tried fishing the flooded grass and wood???
    I've been fishing the flooded grass and bushes and there are fish shallow but widely scattered - hard to pattern locations but all were in less than 3'. Had some huge explosions on a buzzbait but hard to keep them connected....followed up in those blow-up spots with assortment of things but fish were picky....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricSLT View Post
    I've been fishing the flooded grass and bushes and there are fish shallow but widely scattered - hard to pattern locations but all were in less than 3'. Had some huge explosions on a buzzbait but hard to keep them connected....followed up in those blow-up spots with assortment of things but fish were picky....
    Do you use a trailer hook.........

Patoka bass seem to shortstrike the ole buzzbait and spinner....AT least they do for me.

Also, I started throwing a buzzbait with a BIGGER blade, so I can slow it down.....that helped in the past.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Do you use a trailer hook.........

Patoka bass seem to shortstrike the ole buzzbait and spinner....AT least they do for me.

Also, I started throwing a buzzbait with a BIGGER blade, so I can slow it down.....that helped in the past.

Later,

Geo
    Yes used a trailer hook - used different sizes - tried different types double blade and finally the old triple wing was what they wanted to kill - hook up ratio was low - but the blowups kept it interesting!