Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: patoka

Post Thanks / Like

Re: patoka

Embry...a lake can't really turn over multiple times in quick succession. Strictly speaking, the turnover is the rapid equalization of water temperature, from top to bottom, usually brought about by the top layer sinking. This usually stirs up a bunch of muck from the bottom.

So, in other words, the lake temperature can't become "more equal". Equal is equal.

What people are probably referring to is the muck from the bottom. If some of it made it to the surface, perhaps someone thought of that moment as a turnover, then when they saw more a couple days later, they considered it another turnover.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, i know...some retard at bass pro told me that. i laughed

Post Thanks / Like

just to let you know there are people who use this forum that work at bass pro. me being one of them. thanks for your insight to us beings retards, i will remember that quote next time you come to the store.

Post Thanks / Like

just to inform you, i said SOME retard at bass pro,not you. so think what you like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shane2480 View Post
    just to let you know there are people who use this forum that work at bass pro. me being one of them. thanks for your insight to us beings retards, i will remember that quote next time you come to the store.
    haha , he didnt say all bps employes were retards..

Post Thanks / Like

I' m one of the fishing department floor supervisors. so don't think my guys won't know what is being said about them. By the way Embry do you have any connection to Got 2 Love It bass organization? Either way my guys will know what is said about them. So enjoy your next visit to the Bass Pro fishing department.

Post Thanks / Like

he didnt mean to imply all people at bass pro are retards...just that particular individual apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

You prolly better not threaten a bad experiance anyway , if someone higher up would see what your saying , you may be in a bit of trouble yourself. Im just saying , be carefull.

Post Thanks / Like

I' m one of the fishing department floor supervisors. so don't think my guys won't know what is being said about them. By the way Embry do you have any connection to Got 2 Love It bass organization? Either way my guys will know what is said about them. So enjoy your next visit to the Bass Pro fishing department.
    Wow, aren't you civil? This makes me want to NEVER shop there again. And I do believe a BPS representative will be getting an e-mail from me. I can't believe what level you have taken this to. Obviously, if a worker did say that about the turnover, then he is a retard and nothing Embrey said is out of place.

Post Thanks / Like

i wasn't threatning anyone. I was simply telling him to enjoy his next trip to Bass Pro. I have no idea who Embry is and wouldn't know him if he walked up and hi. I don't appreciate adults who act like kids. If you get bad advice let us or some one know so we can fix the problem, because as a floor supervisor the last thing I want is for my associates to be giving out wrong, misleading, or bad information. However calling the associate is "a retard" is very degradeing eespecially to someone with a mentally challenged child. That was my whole point was to watch what you say in regards to people because you don't know who might take an "innocent" comment the wrong way. If that is taken as a threat then so be it but I have a child with a mental issue and seeing anyone called a retard especially people that I work with will bother me to a degree.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah...this thread went SOUTH (pardon the pun) in a hurry. So...if I were to get bad advice re: the fall turnover, I am to find a supervisor, tell him what the moron said to me, and have him repremanded for such behaviour? HMMMMM! I did that once when Galyan's was in business, AFTER an associate had advised a first time bowhunter to use a bow that was 4" too short for him, while selling him OVER $100.00 worth of carbon arrows and broadheads and was told to mind my own business! POINT IS: hiring practices have to change! These big box stores will hire guys who know absolutely nothing in their respective departments, or give ill advice, finding it humorous. GRRRRRRRR!! My .02

Post Thanks / Like

i wasn't threatning anyone. I was simply telling him to enjoy his next trip to Bass Pro. I have no idea who Embry is and wouldn't know him if he walked up and hi. I don't appreciate adults who act like kids. If you get bad advice let us or some one know so we can fix the problem, because as a floor supervisor the last thing I want is for my associates to be giving out wrong, misleading, or bad information. However calling the associate is "a retard" is very degradeing eespecially to someone with a mentally challenged child. That was my whole point was to watch what you say in regards to people because you don't know who might take an "innocent" comment the wrong way. If that is taken as a threat then so be it but I have a child with a mental issue and seeing anyone called a retard especially people that I work with will bother me to a degree.
    Dude.......he didn't say some GREEN SHIRTED moron at BPS is a RETARD..........take a pill......He could have been talking about anyone.

An employee, ME, someone in line shooting the crap........LOTS of people..........Now if YOU told him that.......well that is a different story.....I don't think so because I've met you , and talked to you about a BILLION times........

I do know when this stuff started the lake had NOT turned over.......it might be getting close now.......

For a lake to turn over, the temp needs to change QUICKLY and drastically......

AND after it finally does turn over.......it is NOT turning over again. Not unless we get a week of 90-100 degree weather in December.

Later,

Geo