Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Real Gun Control

TRUE STORY FROM "THE HOUSTON HERALD" NEWSPAPER IN HOUSTON, TEXAS

Last Thursday night around midnight, a woman from Houston, Texas, was
    arrested, jailed, and charged with manslaughter for shooting a man 6
    times in the back as he was running away with her purse.
    The following Monday morning, the woman was called in front of the
    arraignment judge, sworn in, and asked to explain her actions.
    The woman replied, "I was standing at the corner bus stop for about 15
    minutes, waiting for the bus to take me home after work. I am a
    waitress at a local café, I was there alone, so I had my right hand on
    my pistol. It was in my purse, that was hung over my left shoulder.
    All of a sudden, I was being spun around hard to my left. As I caught
    my balance, I saw a man running away from me with my purse. I looked down at my right hand and I saw that my fingers were wrapped tightly around my pistol.
    The next thing I remember is saying out loud, "No way punk! You're
    not stealing my pay check and tips!"
    I raised my right hand, pointed my pistol at the man running away from
    me with my purse, and squeezed the trigger of my pistol six times!
    When asked by the arraignment judge, "Why did you shoot the man six
    times?
    The woman replied, under oath, "Because, when I pulled the trigger the
    7th time, it only went click."
    The woman was acquitted of all charges. And she was back at work at
    the café, the next day!

Now THAT'S Gun Control !!
    Texas sounds like a real good place to live!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Real Gun Control

Loving it Grumpy, loving it.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of a cool story. Too bad it's not true. For starters, there is no such newspaper. The "Houston Herald" is published in Houston, MO, not in TX. Secondly, it says she went in front of the "arraignment judge," then goes on to say she was "acquitted of all charges" and was back at work the next day. So, the "arraignment judge" acquitted her? That's not how the legal system works, even in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like

If that happened more often the crime rate would drop as well as a few thugs.

Post Thanks / Like

Road Toad, I knew all of that, it is still a great story which I WISH WERE TRUE.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

If true she deserves a medal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    Kind of a cool story. Too bad it's not true. For starters, there is no such newspaper. The "Houston Herald" is published in Houston, MO, not in TX. Secondly, it says she went in front of the "arraignment judge," then goes on to say she was "acquitted of all charges" and was back at work the next day. So, the "arraignment judge" acquitted her? That's not how the legal system works, even in Texas.
    I'm not sure what type system they call it in Texas,but in Texas you are presumed guilty of charges until you prove your innocense.

In 1979 I worked on an offshore drilling platform out of Dulac, Louisiana with a mechanic from the Houston ,Texas area.He was a good friend to me and on one tour of duty around this time of year I brought money offshore to pay him for a bass boat that he gave me a deal on,he never showed up for work which was extremely unusual for J.D.
    We got word a couple days later that he had been murdered on the side of I-10 while changing a flat tire,the murderer didn't even take his wallet which had several hundred dollars in it.They later caught the person who killed him,turns out he was a serial killer who was later put to death.
    Last edited by kyfanatic; 11-01-2009 at 07:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I don't think shooting a man running away, in the back, for a stolen purse...six times...is justice. If the man had pointed a gun at her and demanded her purse, then yeah....a gun for a gun. Since the robber merly grabbed the purse and fled the scene, I don't praise the six shots in the back. I'm all for concealed weapons, don't get me wrong. Just need some sense along with it. IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thats why I hope I NEVER have to make that decision!

Post Thanks / Like

This one is true, I used to work with the guy being robbed they made a serious mistake obviously

2 men killed during invasion

BY BRIAN L. HUCHEL
    Commercial-News

INDIANOLA — A retired village police chief in Vermilion County shot and killed two men after they forced their way into his home and demanded money.

The Vermilion County Sheriff’s Department responded to a report of home invasion just before 11 p.m. Monday in the 300 block of S. Vermilion Street in Indianola.

Vermilion County Sheriff Pat Hartshorn said two men — a 17-year-old and a 22-year-old — were dropped off at the home just outside of Indianola as part of a planned robbery of the home and its residents. The suspects — armed with a shotgun — were under the impression the couple had money in the two-story home.

Hartshorn said the men also carried masks and rope to tie up their victims.

The homeowner, former Westville police chief Max “Mick” Taylor, responded to knocks at the front door of the home.

According to Hartshorn, the two suspects shoved the man inside and began strangling him with their hands, demanding money and asking where his safe was.

Taylor’s wife, hearing the commotion, came down the stairs and told the men the couple had no money, but she would give them her jewelry.

While the men followed Taylor’s wife to their bedroom to go through the jewelry, Taylor retrieved a handgun from inside the bedroom.

Hartshorn said the 17-year-old was shot as be began to level the shotgun at Taylor. The second suspect was pursued as he fled the room and shot in a downstairs bedroom of the home.

One suspect, the 22-year-old man, has been identified as Thomas L. Moore. Court records list his address along Spelter Avenue. The Vermilion County Coroner’s Office has not officially identified either suspect in the case. An assistant at the office said Tuesday that no names were expected to be released until today.

Hartshorn said both men were pronounced dead on the scene.

Taylor was taken to Provena United Samaritans Medical Center where he received treatment for the strangulation he received from the two men. A spokeswoman for the hospital said Tuesday morning that Taylor was treated and released.

Hartshorn said another man, also 17 years old, who dropped off the duo at the Indianola home was located by sheriff’s deputies about two blocks from the house in the truck he was driving. He confirmed to investigators that the home invasion was a planned act based on the belief there was money in the home.

Moore has a criminal record locally, pleading guilty to felony burglary in two criminal cases, misdemeanor possession of a firearm in another and misdemeanor counts of battery in three others, according to Vermilion County court records.

Post Thanks / Like

Good riddens to the two punks.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
    Walk with the Devil expect to meet him someday.
    Break in Vertical leave Horizontal.
    Dieing ain't much of a livin boy

**** I love that one, Clint is a bad man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!