Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Tired of Studying Horses in the DRF...

Is it Friday yet so I can make my first bunch of bets on the Breeders Cup??? Been studying these upcoming 2 days of horse racing for probably close to 40 hours already, with probably another 10-15 hours left to go, and just want to make all my bets and let the races run. I think I can recite from memory just about every horse running and what there running style is and if they have a shot or not at winning their race. Anyone else on here studying for the 2 biggest days of racing and the 2 best betting days of horse racing of the year????? I don't see any life changing scores in the Pick 4 or Pick 6 because too many favorites are in real top form and I think there will be a few favorites win, but, do plan on playing and hitting at least one Pick 4 over the 2 days. Plan on hitting the Pick 4 that starts in Race 5 on Friday, guaranteed pool of $1M dollars, and ESPECIALLY plan on hitting all 3 of the Pick 3's centered around a horse the I LOVE in race 4 that will be 10-1 or higher. I will know by race 4 of Friday if I will have an average 2 days of betting, good 2 days or OUTSTANDING 2 days. Let my horse come in on Friday's race 4 and it will be OUTSTANDING. I see Win Money, Exacta's, Tri's, Supers, 3 rolling Pick 3's, can you say CHA CHING!!!! Anybody else studying or planning on betting the Breeders Cup. I will tell you that I found a place that if you open up an on-line betting account and wager $100, they will give you $100. Good way to bet $100 on Friday and if you lose it all, then they will deposit $100 into your account the next day and you can bet it all on Saturday. Good way to spend $100 and bet $200. One little $10 exacta on pretty much most of the races that comes in and you will easily get your initial $100 back. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tired of Studying Horses in the DRF...

Elnut, I am just like you in studying the horses. I haven't placed a Win, place or show bet in 20 years, I strickly bet exotics. I am definately planning on betting the rolling Pick Threes both days and probably will make a stab at the Pick Fours but won't bother with the Pick 6 unless it is just a couple of straight tickets. Most of the time I just bet Trifectas and some Supers. I hope to have Fridays selections made by late this afternoon and will be glad to exchange some with you by Private Message, if you want to.

I have reserved seats in Millionaires Row at Churchill for both days and will be going with two friends. I am afraid to sign up for on-line betting because I may be too tempted to use it too often.

PM me if you want to exchange selections but I will be out of the net until about 3 o'clock.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Is it Friday yet so I can make my first bunch of bets on the Breeders Cup??? Been studying these upcoming 2 days of horse racing for probably close to 40 hours already, with probably another 10-15 hours left to go, and just want to make all my bets and let the races run. I think I can recite from memory just about every horse running and what there running style is and if they have a shot or not at winning their race. Anyone else on here studying for the 2 biggest days of racing and the 2 best betting days of horse racing of the year????? I don't see any life changing scores in the Pick 4 or Pick 6 because too many favorites are in real top form and I think there will be a few favorites win, but, do plan on playing and hitting at least one Pick 4 over the 2 days. Plan on hitting the Pick 4 that starts in Race 5 on Friday, guaranteed pool of $1M dollars, and ESPECIALLY plan on hitting all 3 of the Pick 3's centered around a horse the I LOVE in race 4 that will be 10-1 or higher. I will know by race 4 of Friday if I will have an average 2 days of betting, good 2 days or OUTSTANDING 2 days. Let my horse come in on Friday's race 4 and it will be OUTSTANDING. I see Win Money, Exacta's, Tri's, Supers, 3 rolling Pick 3's, can you say CHA CHING!!!! Anybody else studying or planning on betting the Breeders Cup. I will tell you that I found a place that if you open up an on-line betting account and wager $100, they will give you $100. Good way to bet $100 on Friday and if you lose it all, then they will deposit $100 into your account the next day and you can bet it all on Saturday. Good way to spend $100 and bet $200. One little $10 exacta on pretty much most of the races that comes in and you will easily get your initial $100 back. Good Luck
    Problem with horse racing is humans are involved. I tore up a a 'guaranteed' winning ticket years ago after watching a jockey take the best horse in the field from a 3 length lead in the stretch to a 5th place finish. Haven't been to a pony race since.

That said, to each his own and best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Tired of Studying Horses in the DRF...

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Problem with horse racing is humans are involved. I tore up a a 'guaranteed' winning ticket years ago after watching a jockey take the best horse in the field from a 3 length lead in the stretch to a 5th place finish. Haven't been to a pony race since.

That said, to each his own and best of luck.
    There is always Dog Racing if you want to get rid of the "human factor", but you still have humans training and juicing the dogs just as much. One thing I learned a LONG time about gambling, all you can do is get your money in with the best of it and then it is down to luck. Got busted out of a No Limit Holdem tounament last night with pocket Aces, sitting as 2nd in chips with 5 to go and the chip leader calls with pocket Kings. I am 82% favorite to his 18% before the flop, which comes all hearts and I have the Ace of hearts so how the King of hearts won't help him so he is down to only the King of clubs he must hit to knock me out or I am massive chip leader with 5 to play. This puts him at 5% on the turn which comes a blank and now he is 2% on the river to hit the only card in the deck and the King of clubs comes on the river. I did everything correctly in the hand and the Poker Gods did not smile on me. Took my $546 for 5th place and picked up the racing form and started studying again. Been betting horses for 23 years, took my share of bad beats, good beats and flat out picked the wrong horse MANY times. But also know that I have been on the other side of the coin just as many times and more and probably one of the few that can HONESTLY say, I have won a LOT more than I have lost due to exact record keeping of winning or losing daily totals. Had one day of winning $27,000, another winning $14,000, a couple more over $10,000 and many more over $3,000. As it stands, up over $200,000 the last 10 years and counting. Paid $20,000 for my weight loss surgery and another $34,000 for our adoption process of our son back in 2003 all from gambling money. Humans do cause problems in gambling as they do in all other aspects of life but all you can do is make the best bet possible and then it is up to the gambling gods to decide if you win or not. But, knowing what you are doing sure does increase your odds of winning because you can put yourself in a much better position to win versus a straight novice doing the same. Cutting a 12 horse field down to only 3-4 that can win will increase your odds, getting your money all in during a poker hand with the best hand is all you can do. The more times you do this, the more times you will come out a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not paying any attention to the Breeder's Cup...I guess I'm a novice horse bettor at best...I DO like betting the horses though and have found the toughest bets for me to win are on any races at Churchill Downs...I usually take $100.00 bucks with me whenever I go and that's it...I'm like Elnuts and Grumpy in that I only bet exotics. But I sure do like going to the track...especially on Friday's during Happy Hour ...or Saturdays....or anytime I've been invited to a company sponsered event on Millionaire's Row where all alcohol and food is paid for, I always win in this situation, lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    I'm not paying any attention to the Breeder's Cup...I guess I'm a novice horse bettor at best...I DO like betting the horses though and have found the toughest bets for me to win are on any races at Churchill Downs...I usually take $100.00 bucks with me whenever I go and that's it...I'm like Elnuts and Grumpy in that I only bet exotics. But I sure do like going to the track...especially on Friday's during Happy Hour ...or Saturdays....or anytime I've been invited to a company sponsered event on Millionaire's Row where all alcohol and food is paid for, I always win in this situation, lol...
    Easy Chub, not just an exotics player here, actually my best bet is a straight win wager on a horse that I think will be a good 12-1 or higher and I LOVE THIS HORSE. Coming into the race very well, watched both works over the track and she handled the surface EXCELLENT, big striding out Filly that will love the spot she is in. I do have her keyed on a bunch of rolling pick 3's, as well as exactas, tri's and a super. All my Friday handicapping is complete barring any last minute scratches of any speed horses that might change the pace of the race or any of my horses. $600 worth of wagers listed that will be made tomorrow morning and then sit back and watch what happens. Now to start my final handicapping for Saturday's card, just another 10 hours or so and I am done handicapping for a while. Will be at the football field pretty much all day saturday with my team having 3 games so I won't get to watch most of the races live Saturday but will have them taped and plan on rooting anyways live or taped. Good Luck to all that wager