Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Rut Is On !!!!

Saw alot of activity this evening before dark,bucks sniffing around does everywhere.Last year it seemed like the rut was later,I guess they feel the urge already around home at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Rut Is On !!!!

Sunday the 1st i noticed bucks sniffin like you said in Franklin co buddy has a lease 10-12 miles away he saw bucks chasin personally I think its early rut next week should be in full swing.Hopfully lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfanatic View Post
    Saw alot of activity this evening before dark,bucks sniffing around does everywhere.Last year it seemed like the rut was later,I guess they feel the urge already around home at least.

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of pre-rut activity going on. Bucks are smelling bad with dark tarsels and are on the hunt. Not many Doe's in Estrus yet with light colored tarsels. It's close though, real close and can litterally be any day. I look fro mid week next week for it to bust wide open, with chasing, and fights going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Live close to dewey lake in Prestonsburg ky and i saw to monsters fighting one was a 10 and the other was not as big .. Watched them for about 20 mins the big one pushed the smaller one out in the road on his side. Thought they was going to hit my truck. Bow hunted the last two days and saw three doe's one days (mom and 2 yearlings) Then on wednesday saw the three doe's and a 4 point. The buck was searching with his nose to the ground and in and out of brush. About 3 weeks ago saw one really big buck pushing 6 doe's. Have not seen him sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Have had bucks chasing does all week. I mean they are doggin' those does. It is indeed "ON".

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: The Rut Is On !!!!

Bucks chasing does all week in Wrrick co.

Post Thanks / Like

Killed me a pretty nice 8 point on sat. But 45 mins befor i got in me stand i had a 11 point with split brow tines and a 3 inch drop tine on his left side....

Post Thanks / Like

We have them chasing one day then acting like they could care less the next, it's weird. To Dang warm........................... I've let about 10 to 12 different bucks go so far all being very small up to 17 to 18 inch wide 8 pointers with 7 to 8 inch tines. Did see an absolute Pig Sunday chasing a Doe in the creek. I had the safety off twice and could not seal the deal. He stopped once and I had too much between he and I and then another running shot that just wasn't a good shot and I'm glad I didn't take it. Buck would probably score in the high 160's, I haven't seen one like that on our farm in a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

I came in from my stand Sunday early to watch the Bengals,I had passed on 4 bucks since Sat. including a decent 8 pointer and let 7 or 8 does pass as well. No sooner than I leaned my .30-06 in the bedroom corner then I heard my dogs barking out front of the house,a huge 10 pointer was walking down the driveway with his nose to the ground and stopped when he heard the dogs at about 100 yards away,by the time I got to my rifle and back outside he had jumped over in some thick stuff,but i knew where he would come out so I hurried down the hollow behind the house and set up to wait,here comes two neighbors stomping down the fenceline oblivious to the buck watching them up the ridge,he turned and snuck off and I never got a look again.

This morning a huge 12 pointer ran across the road in front of me around the Portland area of Pendleton county,I was so busy watching him that I didn't see the two does that ran out behind him,I slammed on the brakes and barely bumped the 2nd doe enough to knock her sidewise and she kept on going,didn't hurt the truck either.I guess somebody going to their stand ran them out. I got busted on the ground yesterday by a buck in a cedar thicket when I used a fawn in distress call,in came in behind me and spotted me somehow even though it was thick.

I agree with MHall,just too warm to suit me.Me and the wife saw a doe on my place that still has a very young fawn with her,so they rut as late as they have to.