Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 136 yrs!

Post Thanks / Like

136 yrs!

It took that long for the american people to vote in a democrat. New Yorks 23 congressional district finally did it! Obama has the voters on a roll and just wait til Saturday when the house votes on healthcare for ALL! After that I admit its an uphill battle with the senate but I believe it will get done.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 136 yrs!

Quote Originally Posted by slippedcork View Post
    It took that long for the american people to vote in a democrat. New Yorks 23 congressional district finally did it! Obama has the voters on a roll and just wait til Saturday when the house votes on healthcare for ALL! After that I admit its an uphill battle with the senate but I believe it will get done.
    I really wish you would think about what you say sometimes. Take a look at how gubment does with anything they touch and tell me it's a good thing that they get invlolved with Healthcare. Remember when they give something to you they took it from someone else. Can you give me three programs that they run that isn't corrupt and bankrupt? Try and be serious please I really would like to know how you can defend the gubment????.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I really wish you would think about what you say sometimes. Take a look at how gubment does with anything they touch and tell me it's a good thing that they get invlolved with Healthcare. Remember when they give something to you they took it from someone else. Can you give me three programs that they run that isn't corrupt and bankrupt? Try and be serious.
    Social security, Medicare and Farm subsudsies before they were raped by both parties. Nasa, infrastructure and energy, Nasa is ok and the president is pumping money into infrastucture and will explore new energy in the near future. I think the energy plan will be very succesful, the new LED bulbs and TVs are a good example! Theres room to grow in alternative energy.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a second thought, the combustable engine was invented over 100 yrs ago. Should we accept the fact that we can send a message thousands of miles in a second with a computer and it takes me 30 minutes to drive 26 miles to work just like it did 20 yrs ago? Greed is the stopping power and we have to get past that. But what do I know.

Post Thanks / Like

136 years my BUTT.................Nice spin though.

BTW........you ever hear of such a think as redistricting......the actual LAST time a dem was elected was in the early 1990's but I guess you overlooked that little piece of info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yor...ional_district

I love how the DEMS spin this BULLCRAP.

Face it the Obamunists are in trouble.............SERIOUS TROUBLE..........

They have the House, the Senate and the PREZ, and they cannot generate enough buzz to wipe each others BUTTS..............hahahahahahahahahhaha.

I'm glad that they are bumbling fools though.........Kinda makes Bush look like a genius.

Later,

Geo

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I really wish you would think about what you say sometimes. Take a look at how gubment does with anything they touch and tell me it's a good thing that they get invlolved with Healthcare. Remember when they give something to you they took it from someone else. Can you give me three programs that they run that isn't corrupt and bankrupt? Try and be serious please I really would like to know how you can defend the gubment????.

RESPA.....the reason banks don't rip you off when you close a home loan is becuase the gubment got involved. Nope, they don't always get it right, but they do their best to protect us from those who would not. JMO (burbon influenced X3)

Social Secuity: Not perfect, but without it lots would go without homes or meals.

Medicare: I just hope I live long enough to try it. Mom is 86, has saved her big times $$$$.

Equal Opportunity Act: You don't think that was a bad idea do you?

Just a couple, beer getting warm. Let me get a cold one and I'll go on......and on.......and on.....

Hey, they don't always get it right, but they do a fair job of doing what they can.

Just look at me....military, fed civil service.........DUDE! I'm a product of YOUR tax dollars!
    Last edited by HURRICANEBOB; 11-05-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: keyboard soaked with beer

Post Thanks / Like

Social security, Medicare and Farm subsudsies before they were raped by both parties. Nasa, infrastructure and energy, Nasa is ok and the president is pumping money into infrastucture and will explore new energy in the near future. I think the energy plan will be very succesful, the new LED bulbs and TVs are a good example! Theres room to grow in alternative energy.
    Haha you proved my point you cannot name any. BTW LEDS's are not new been around for along time.

Whats good about the new t.v.'s? Do they draw less current? Generate less heat? Require less energy to make? Not sure what you mean?

Post Thanks / Like

EOA--is now a joke IMHO...it has many negative hits against it and gets abused because of the gubment.

RESPA--got me there cause i don't knw alot about it but if they didn't have a section on giving home loans to people who cannot afford it then they should....that is a ripoff you and I are paying for right now. I can say that EOA has ties to the financial hardships in this country...not sure I would call that a success.

Social Security--not perfect at all. Full of wasteful spending and a political talking point.

Medicare--another gubment program thats broke and corrupt. Just went through some of the evil ways of that program with my Dad. Wonder how much money we give to other countries that could actually help our own people?

The last one..at least my tax dollars did something right! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

That's because all them yankees in New York are on crack.Any place that would elect Hillary Clinton to congress can't be too bright.

Post Thanks / Like

LED lights! He must have discovered them about the same time that Gore discovered the net. Plasma tvs are on the way out because of the amount of electricity they use.

Cork you are right when you said "There's room to grow in alternative energy".

"When President Bush signed the energy bill last December, ­buried in the legislation was a provision that phases out incandescent light bulbs over the next four to 12 years in favor of more energy-efficient technologies."
    http://www.builderonline.com/products/high-beam.aspx

http://greenlivingideas.com/topics/h...gy-consumption

Neither party care about the infrastructure or we would not have a NAFTA and they would not give our money away if they were not lining their pockets.

My 2 cents

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by djd View Post
    eoa--is now a joke imho...it has many negative hits against it and gets abused because of the gubment.

Respa--got me there cause i don't knw alot about it but if they didn't have a section on giving home loans to people who cannot afford it then they should....that is a ripoff you and i are paying for right now. I can say that eoa has ties to the financial hardships in this country...not sure i would call that a success.

Social security--not perfect at all. Full of wasteful spending and a political talking point.

Medicare--another gubment program thats broke and corrupt. Just went through some of the evil ways of that program with my dad. Wonder how much money we give to other countries that could actually help our own people?

The last one..at least my tax dollars did something right! Lol!
    ooooh got another one.....the internet! It's flipping perfect

Post Thanks / Like

Don't nail the coffin shut on incandescent bulbs yet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/06/bu...t/06bulbs.html