Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fort Hood Massacre

I guess anyone is capable of committing such a terrible thing...but this guy's name was Nidal Malik Hasan. I have my own thoughts on this subject, nuff said.

Prayers go out to the survivors of this tragedy as well as the families of the victims.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fort Hood Massacre

Man what an aweful event. Some of the news I heard is that this goober screamed some muslim crapola as he went on his rampage....maybe true it's still early.

Prayers to the families and victims....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    I guess anyone is capable of committing such a terrible thing...but this guy's name was Nidal Malik Hasan. I have my own thoughts on this subject, nuff said.

Prayers go out to the survivors of this tragedy as well as the families of the victims.
    I think he was originally from Palestine and had written some bad stuff on a blog. He compared a soldier jumping on a grenade to save others to a suicide bomber. How on earth he was serving in the US Military is beyond me.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Born and reared in Virginia, the son of immigrant parents from a small Palestinian town near Jerusalem, he joined the Army right out of high school, against his parents’ wishes.

-Major Hasan had received his undergraduate degree at Virginia Tech University and his medical degree at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md. The Army, in turn, put him through college and then medical school, where he trained to be a psychiatrist.

-He did his residency at Walter Reed Medical Center and then worked there for several years before being transferred to the Darnell Army Medical Center at Fort Hood earlier this year.

Link-Reference NY Times: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33704314...mes/?GT1=43001

He was native born, and like anyone who joins, goes thru a background check via the FBI before being able to sign up, as well as a local criminal records check via the local state police.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it is early in the game for the authorities to find out what was going on in this guys mind. But from what I gather he was born and raised in the US and the army footed the bill for a very nice education so he could be a shrink and then he goes bonkers and shoots American soldiers on his own base? Is that about the jist of it. It also said he argued with others about the war. Sounds like he got brainwashed listening to BinLaden and his group of nut jobs. But this guy is not dead but in the hospital, right? What a horrible horrible tradegy to happen. Its bad enough that soldiers are killed going over to fight the war on terrorism now they are not safe in their own country. That is just so wrong. hmmmm maybe this guy was really one of those Sleepers that wait and wait until they get the orders from BinLaden to attack. I dont know. Just thinking out loud.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Did you all see the guy, an engineer, in Orlando Florida, who walked into an office and opened fire killing 1 wounding 5. The office manager when interviewed said the guy got fired 2 years ago..

Sometimes, I guess it just builds up until a normally sane person breaks.

Post Thanks / Like

I can not confirm this, but I was told a news report stated that Hasan will be paralyzed at best. Maybe a little Karma?

As others have said, my thoughts and prayers are sent out to all our service men and their families. May we at some time, come together as a species, and find peace so that our species can reach its potential.

HDF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    The office manager when interviewed said the guy got fired [B][U]2 years ago.
    I didn't realize it had been two years since they fired the guy, WOW! I thought it was a recent firing due to the economy because when times are slow companies look at getting rid of dead weight regardless of number years employed.

Engineers and architects are strange individuals indeed! HA! I happen to work in the engineering department (electrical) at an architectural firm, I have always thought as a whole, we're just a bunch of "deep thinkers" in general.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HiDefFisherman View Post
    May we at some time, come together as a species, and find peace so that our species can reach its potential.
    Man...wouldn't that be a wonderful thing?!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gills View Post
    I guess it is early in the game for the authorities to find out what was going on in this guys mind. But from what I gather he was born and raised in the US and the army footed the bill for a very nice education so he could be a shrink and then he goes bonkers and shoots American soldiers on his own base? Is that about the jist of it. It also said he argued with others about the war. Sounds like he got brainwashed listening to BinLaden and his group of nut jobs. But this guy is not dead but in the hospital, right? What a horrible horrible tradegy to happen. Its bad enough that soldiers are killed going over to fight the war on terrorism now they are not safe in their own country. That is just so wrong. hmmmm maybe this guy was really one of those Sleepers that wait and wait until they get the orders from BinLaden to attack. I dont know. Just thinking out loud.
    I was mistaken about Nidal Hasan's birthplace. He was born and raised in Virginia but his parents were immigrants from Palestine near Jerusalem. About 15 minutes ago the NY Times reported that he told his brother he had serious problems with his deployment overseas because he would be fighting in a war that was killing his brother Muslims. He also made some horrible anti-American comments and expressed contempt for Americans in the classroom and on several websites. His instructors and doctors who supervised his internship heard him and not one of them reported it. I agree that he may have been part of a sleeper cell of terrorists, waiting for orders to attack. He has been taken off of life support and transferred to another hospital. Word is that he is still unable to speak. I wonder if that is self-imposed silence in order to keep from answering questions or if it is real.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for update info Bassin Bug. It really scares me when these terrorists live in the US and/or Canada and may have been born here but they are from Muslim backgrounds. They identify with BidLaden and the terrorists and are so brainwashed again the US. That was the problem we had up here a few summers ago. The terrorists would come into Canada and befriend Muslim teen boys and over time brainwash them. Our Federal Security dept and the RCMP arrested about 20 of them the night before they were ready to attack a nuclear power plant near Toronto and they were going to attack our Parliament Building in my city of Ottawa and behead our Prime Minister and bomb our Federal Security Dept. There would have been bombs going off all over Ontario.That was so scary. That seems to be the way terrorists are working now. Sneaking in the back door.

Post Thanks / Like

Our gubment track record is great....do nothing about illegals until it's impossible to fix it. Now do nothing about radical muslims until it's to late to fix.
    The political system of bowing down to voters to get elected is killing us. The majority better get their head out of the sand and start voting for better candidates in Congress and holding them responsible for their lack of action!!