Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

95 tx17 Bass Tracker..like new!

Well it doesn't look like my bass tracker isn't going down to "Davey Jones Locker" any time soon. Got it back from Doug Meyer's boat restoration Sat. night (onemorecast)! This boat had more cracks...fractures...and blown out rivits like no other! After 10 years on Ky. Lake...it's days were numbered...But this guy Doug...brought it back to life. All new carpet..all new stainless steel rivits all over the bottom, plus some...fixed all linkage from the inside out!!!...New rewire; completly rebuilt! The boat is stronger now, than it was new! I also bought a new 70lb thrust minkota trolling motor from A20; so Doug changed it from a 12volts system to a 24volts!!! That sucker can fly on 5 speed...wow, got to be carefull with that! So I took it out yesterday to Guiest Creek Lake in Shelby Co. alone. Got there at 2pm...and in 4 hours of fishing..not once did I have to pump any water out of it!!!! I was able to focus on bass fishing...and boy did I!! I had three keepers (9+ pounds of bass)...one was a 5.5lb toad!!! Caught all on keepers on a 300 bandit CB..I kept the boat in 9 feet of water and was "slowly" pulling the CB threw the lay downs that were way off the bank...the fish were just loading up on the CB...a differnt bite...but once I got a feel for it...it was on!!!. The sow had me hung up twice deep in the wood...I knew she was a brute...so I didn't give up. After giving her some slack..and wait...she came undone on her own..and the fight started again...this time I brought her up with all I had and flung her into the boat (14lb xps floro)!!!...She wasn't going to get another chance at the wood, I can't believe she stayed hooked. You'd thought I'd won the classic when she landed in the bottom of the boat...I did an Ike!@!!!! Maybe it was just the release of distress of not having my boat for a few months..but getting that sow in the boat was a great feeling! My Aunt has a home on the lake...she took pictures!!!! Wow...it felt good just being able to focus on bass fishing for a change...not boat problems. If anybody wants more details of what all Doug did with my boat...you can e-mail me at Dannygo@ulh.org
    Thanks Doug...you da man!!!!

onemorecast56 Guest

Re: 95 tx17 Bass Tracker..like new!

Thanks for the kind words, I try to do a good job for everybody, And thanks for telling another guy about your boat. He just called and wants to have his done like yours too. I could make somemoney on trackers...LOL And hey great catches on the fish too..when we going..