Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville Lake

Taking my 8 year old out on Taylorsville Tue. Does anyone have any advice on crappie, bass or hybrids? He just likes to have fish in the boat. Do the hybrids get in the jumps this time of year like the stripers elsewhere?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville Lake

Did you get to go? Besides getting a wet seat how'd you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Im heading out there tomorrow if theres not a terrential downpour. Taking bass and crappie setups gonna try for both. Gonna try minnows and marabou jigs for crappie and likely spinnerbaits and cranks for bass. Ill leave a report when a I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going next Tuesday 11/24.

Post Thanks / Like

Just back from Taylorsville. Only 3 or 4 boats out there today but the weather held out and it was a great day to fish. Tried bass fishing first but it was a waste of time. Wish I had gone straight to the crappie holes I found this summer. Once I did get back there, the crappie were biting minnows very good. My trolling motor was dead so I was pulling myself up against a tree in the water and tying up. Just surrounded the trees with minnows. Most schools were 11 ft deep in 15 ft of water or 20 ft deep in 25 ft of water. Hoping to get an earlier start next time and spend more time going for the crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

This time of year I usually catch hybrids on the three or four banks directly across from the dam. Stay off the bank a little ways. The bite is best in low light conditions. Cloudy, early, late, etc. but if you have cloudy conditions you usually can catch them all day. Use any kind of minnow type baits but I've had good luck using a 2 inch solid white curly tail with a 1/8oz pink jig head. I've not really caught any big ones, avg size 12-14 inches. They are fighters though for their size.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished 11/24 from 7:30 til 5:30.

Caught 4 or 5 bass from 10 to 13 1/2 in. long (no keepers) fishing cranks on flats near deep water in about 10 feet of water.

Caught 4 or 5 crappie in 20 feet of water on minnows. Only 3 were keepers.

Also caught a bonus little hybrid and one bass trolling cranks in about 10 feet of water along flats on the way back to the dock.

All in all it was a good day. The little man caught the biggest crappie (12 incher) and "drove" the boat while we were trolling in so he was happy. Heading back Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    Fished 11/24 from 7:30 til 5:30.

Caught 4 or 5 bass from 10 to 13 1/2 in. long (no keepers) fishing cranks on flats near deep water in about 10 feet of water.

Caught 4 or 5 crappie in 20 feet of water on minnows. Only 3 were keepers.

Also caught a bonus little hybrid and one bass trolling cranks in about 10 feet of water along flats on the way back to the dock.

All in all it was a good day. The little man caught the biggest crappie (12 incher) and "drove" the boat while we were trolling in so he was happy. Heading back Friday.
    Jackster; Just had to thank you for the report. I got a giggle out of it because I'm breaking in my three year old nephew. Good luck Fri. - Happy thanksgiving.