Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

lowrance structure scan sonar

has any one bought the lowrance structure scan? if so, when you try it would you please post the results. I've seen the demo dvd. it looks good. just wondering if it's as good in real life.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: lowrance structure scan sonar

I have a friend who has it and after seeing it in action I would buy one in heartbeat if I could afford it. It's unreal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpage70 View Post
    I have a friend who has it and after seeing it in action I would buy one in heartbeat if I could afford it. It's unreal!
    do you and your friend fish lake cumberland? i have been thinking of buying the structure scan myself. but i would like to see it work before paying that much for it. i would give 25.00 for a 5 minute demo on the water, to see if i like it. i only get to fish on the weekends. so if theirs a chance to see the structure scan work, post and let me know. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but no we don't ever go to cumberland. We live in Elizabethtown so we don't get down that way. Go check out the Sonar/GPS Installation & Operation forum on BassBoatCentral.com there are quite a few screen shots that people have taken from theirs if that will help.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but no we don't ever go to cumberland. We live in Elizabethtown so we don't get down that way. Go check out the Sonar/GPS Installation & Operation forum on BassBoatCentral.com there are quite a few screen shots that people have taken from theirs if that will help.
    thanks for the reply, I bought my boat, from a man that lives in elizabethtown. his name is carl. does the structure scan show fish better than the 2d transducers do?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really thinking of buying one of these structure scans, but all the dvd demo images that i see, only show bottom, trees, stumps, old tires, and concrete block. did you see any fish on the one your friend has. if you don't care, please report on what you saw. thanks, and may the good lord bless you.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely it shows fish too. They aren't as obvious as a tree or bush, but you can absolutely see them. Like I said go check out that forum on bassboatcentral. There's a pic in there that shows fish in a tree.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely it shows fish too. They aren't as obvious as a tree or bush, but you can absolutely see them. Like I said go check out that forum on bassboatcentral. There's a pic in there that shows fish in a tree.
    thanks for the reply, I think old santa, may have one with old waterdogs name on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if the structure scans, are as good as they look on the demos or not. but i'll know in a few days, i just now ordered one. star marine depot has them for 552.00 and they don't charge any tax. it's the best price i've found.