Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

OK, one more...then I go to work? but I'm retired!

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

Anonymous

NOT SURE THIS IS APPROPRIATE...SHOULD WE CONSIDER HAVING ONE BOARD JUST FOR JOKES??????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: OK, one more...then I go to work? but I'm retired!

RETIREMENT only takes 2 things and we ALL have one of them, TIME AND MONEY, you figure out which one you got, I got the TIME but a bit short on the cash side - what am I saying a LOT short on the cash side of the deal. If you have enough MONEY to live comfortably on the rest of your life and you are still working, you need your head examined.

Post Thanks / Like

I got no time and I got no money. Man it's rough working for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

I quit a job that paid 120K/year. My freedom was worth more to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I got sick 3 years ago and ended up taking a buyout and had to give up my Plant Manager job that paid me good 6 figures. Ended up a GREAT deal because they went thru 4 managers over the next 12 months and closed the doors but more importantly - MOST importantly I thought I had a good relationship with my son before but nothing like now. My wife told me last night that I am a much better person and have a much better relationship with my little buddy than before. She also said that I never would have coached the little kids in football like I have this year and what an influence I am on them and even the parents. Last night when I was up, who can sleep, I did a lot of thinking and she is right, well worth the job loss and other than the actual pain and suffering that I have gone thru, well worth the sickness as well. Probably never make that much money again but one thing is for sure, go under the knife a few times, make that trip from the pre-op room down the hall and into the cold well lit operating room, let the anesthesiologist tell you that he is giving you the knock out drugs now and count back from 10, in your head say " I love you Krista, I love you Megan, I love you Katie, I love you Joshua" then count backwards and not get to 7 will make you think. Could be the last time you see anyone ever again and will HUMBLE you in a hurry. Do that a 2,3, uh 24 times in the past 4 years and you will be humble and look at life in a whole different manner.

Post Thanks / Like

Its great to see how you find the positives out the painful time you have had Elnut. Pain has always brought me closer to God. It must be nice to hear your wife say that you are a better man now and that you have a closer relationship with your little boy. That must make the pain and suffering bearable. There is an expression: "If God brings you to it then God will get you through it" Sounds like He has been with you throughout it all.

As for retirement, I want to have a litttle house by a lake or river and a boat to go and fish. That would be my little Heaven. I had better start saving now!

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Please refer me to that job, and I promise to keep you informed on how the office staff is doing each day....please......please......I'll wash your boat.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Please refer me to that job, and I promise to keep you informed on how the office staff is doing each day....please......please......I'll wash your boat.....
    I was (am) a Registered Pharmacist. Now, come and wash my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great way to look at it! I agree that you get handed what you can handle and the plan might not make sense but it's Gods plan none the less. Keep up the good work Woody!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gills View Post
    Its great to see how you find the positives out the painful time you have had Elnut. Pain has always brought me closer to God. It must be nice to hear your wife say that you are a better man now and that you have a closer relationship with your little boy. That must make the pain and suffering bearable. There is an expression: "If God brings you to it then God will get you through it" Sounds like He has been with you throughout it all.

As for retirement, I want to have a litttle house by a lake or river and a boat to go and fish. That would be my little Heaven. I had better start saving now!
    Funny that you said it "Sounds like HE has been with me throughout it all" because I did not feel that way until last fall. Not a lot of people on here know this but the cat will be out of the bag now. I left the house November 12th, 2008 at 11pm with 2 full bottles of powerful pain pills and a bottle of pretty potent sleeping pills with every intention of taking them all and ending my life. My wife tried to stop me and she could not chase be because our little boy was asleep in the bedroom and I was gone before she could get him in the car to follow me. My cell phone rang with calls from her, my dad, my mom, my best friend, my wife's best friend and some other members of my family and friends trying to talk me out of it. But I was done with life, just had another surgery, #19, and was looking at another in a couple of weeks and I was done. I found myself stopping at church parking lot after church parking lot from Georgetown to Frankfort and ended up in the parking lot of my wife's best friends husbands brothers church. I had been in this church and knew the preacher but decided that I would park my Explored out back and nobody would find me. I literally drove into the field behind the church opened up all the pills and 2 water bottles and made one last call to my wife and asked he to find a way to talk me home. It was about 3am and somehow she did. I drove home, went to see a preacher that had been coming to visit me at the hospital for 2 years the next day and spilled my guts to him. that night we were watching the country music awards and the first award was for single of the year or song of the year and a song called " I saw god today" by George Strait was up for it. I looked at my wife and said if he wins then I am going to church on sunday. He won, I went to church, went up in front of church, had my surgery 2 weeks later, went to church every sunday since and was Baptized on January 22nd of this year. You said He was with me the whole way and I am sure you are correct but I never saw it that way until I hit absolute ROCK BOTTOM. My wife says it took me being driven to my absolute lowest in life before I looked up. I am thankful every day that I went thru that because I would have never experienced the peace that I have now. elnut

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing with us Elnut. God really was there to bring you through it. He gave you the strength to carry on even at your lowest point. Praise God for that! You are a strong man and you have given me courage also. I have suffered this year with the horrid pain of a bad back and have felt I couldnt go on. But He wouldnt let me go just yet. I have faith things will get better. You have shown me that they can. I think there are many people who can relate to a certain extent to what you have been through. I can really see you becoming a minister now due to your experience and you would be just fantastic at it as you are an inspiration to all of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gills View Post
    Thank you for sharing with us Elnut. God really was there to bring you through it. He gave you the strength to carry on even at your lowest point. Praise God for that! You are a strong man and you have given me courage also. I have suffered this year with the horrid pain of a bad back and have felt I couldnt go on. But He wouldnt let me go just yet. I have faith things will get better. You have shown me that they can. I think there are many people who can relate to a certain extent to what you have been through. I can really see you becoming a minister now due to your experience and you would be just fantastic at it as you are an inspiration to all of us.
    Again, can't believe you said Minister, becaue I have talked with my wife about possibly trying to help out with the Youth ministry at our church. Our church just hired a new one and he is very good but I thought about asking if he needed any help. Again, thanks for the comments