Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Why I joined fishin.com

After many years away from fishing, I was once again drawn back to a sport I love. And boy did I jump in feet first. Bought a boat, upgraded all the old gear I inherited from my father, built a boat barn because the second boat I bought wouldn't fit in my garage, etc.When I walk into Basspro all the employees holler "Tyme" like "Norm" entering Cheers. I did not join this board to discuss politics even though I am guilty of being involved in some of those posts.

An exchange of ideas is good, but the pecky bickering that has fallen onto this board is sad. Off topics is indeed what the name implies but I would just as soon see the board ban all political posts.

I've met a lot of fine people here at fishin.com and am saddened by the recent turn of events of a few members wanting to disrupt my happy home on fishin.com.

Let's talk about fishing,boating,hunting,camping and an occasional tale of our life experiences and leave politics out of the story. I know, I know. I'm guilty as charged by joining in on controversial subjects, but can't we all just along?

Tight lines to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why I joined fishin.com

When friends talk politics..........that's fine..............they are NOT my friend......they came here to poison the water so to speak.

NOTHING ELSE.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

I joined because of fishin' thats a given...the off topics board has been awesome. I hope all topics are open for discussion as long as they stay within the rules. I have learned alot on here and I know others have as well....thats a good thing right?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree totally. I was actually going to post something like this earlier. Seems like there is WAY too much bickering and fighting over here. It's Fishin.com. If I want to hear people participating in pissing contests, I will watch the Springer show. Not sure if the stress from the holidays is getting to some people? Or some people just need to have drama in their life to be happy. Either way its crazy to have all this on a fishing website.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don’t think political posts are bad. At one time I visited this board so that I could get a different perspective than mine and perhaps actually learn something along the way through friendly debate. Unfortunately, the off-topic forum has taken a turn for the worse and the ever increasing partisanship has made friendly debate and discussion almost impossible. Seriously, if a thread starts by including antagonistic comments or purposeful misspellings of the other party, how is a serious discussion possible? Starting the thread in a combative manner only means the other side will respond in like manner. So why bother?

Has the new administration made some mistakes? Yes. Have they done some things right? Yes. I could say the same for the last administration and every administration before that. Take off the partisan blinders and you might find that things are not as bad as you make them out. The current administration will make enough errors on their own without folks here trying to manufacture them or twist things out of proportion.

The real problems plaguing this country right now are not dem vs. repub, liberal vs. conservative. Its people just seeing things in black and white, not really focusing on the issues that are important for the country, and trying to score political points by making the other side look bad. When politicians put party before country, this country goes in the crapper. If we the people remain divided and don’t vote the incompetents out of office, things will not change. Show the politicians that we are not buying into their pile of crap and they’ll change real quick. Toss a few long-timers out on their butts and the others will start shaping up real fast. About time this became a government by the people, of the people, for the people again.

As a final note, my guess is that if the tone of the off-topic board does not improve for the better it will disappear rather quickly. Just my thoughts and may not reflect those of the other mods or owner of the board.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with alot of this. I would not want to ban anything just keep it civil. I am over the top sometimes and get carried away. I'm sorry for that I'm a passionate person and you never have a doubt where I stand on anything it's the Hall curse. If it's on our mind we say it. Anyway I come here to this site for fishing, I've learned alot form this site and from all you fine guys and gals.

I've met and have new friends from this site and that's not something I take lightly. You are right Tyme we need to quit the baby crap and get back to basics. I do like the banter though and venting and bouncing ideas off one another, most on here are just the same. You know the old saying though, it just takes a few bad apples to spoil the whole basket.

I appreciate this site, it's members, the Moderators even you Grumpy, lol. Let's tone it down some fellas and cut the crap what do you say?

Dang it Cork, PL and whomever you done went and got Tyme all emotional and upset, CUT THE CRAP, you are upsetting our happy home.

BTW, Welcome back ole buddy, you have been missed Andrew.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Good posts all. Mark, as Andrew pointed out on another thread, Slippedcork and PL are no longer on the board so hopefully Tyme will not get upset any more.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Good posts all. Mark, as Andrew pointed out on another thread, Slippedcork and PL are no longer on the board so hopefully Tyme will not get upset any more.

Grumpy

Sniff. I'm all better now and have put away my tissue box.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

Grumpy
    We didn't know, now I do, I'll say no more about it.

Post Thanks / Like

GROUP HUG!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I have learned alot on here and I know others have as well....thats a good thing right?
    That's right Don...learning new stuff can't be nothing but good...when I quit learning new things it means I must have died.

Man, great post Andrew...I'd like to know how we throw out some of those long term politicians. I aint quite ready for a group hug, but I will raise a toast to the future of keeping things under control and real.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it is the onion I mean I got some dirt in my eye