Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buying a GPS/fishfinder-humminbird vs Lowrance

They were $999 marked down to 899 then another 25% off.

I don't know about the length of sale. I went in for an HDS-5 but they didn't have any. Another man picked up a new MK 80# TM somewhere in the 600's.

I'd give them a call. A friends friend has one of these units and he loves them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
    They were $999 marked down to 899 then another 25% off.

I don't know about the length of sale. I went in for an HDS-5 but they didn't have any. Another man picked up a new MK 80# TM somewhere in the 600's.

I'd give them a call. A friends friend has one of these units and he loves them.
    just picked my 798 up in bowling green, all i can say is wow for $675. i think they had a couple left i called and bought mine over the phone. was well worth the trip for the 300+ savings. Thank you very much BLUEGRASS for the information.

Post Thanks / Like

My pleasure !

With sales like this, I kinda wished I needed something else. I installed mine today and fooled around with it. I can't wait to get on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigB505 View Post
    I am looking to buy a GPS/fishfinder for my bass boat and would like some input. I am trying to decide which brand and unit to buy. Anyone have any suggestions or preferences please fill me in.
    I have used humminbird for many years, and they always work great. don't have any thing bad to say about them. never owned a lowrance unit, but i bought a hds-7 insight about a month ago. and i like it very well, i also bought the new structure scan, got it in the mail today. just got it hooked up, can't wait to try it. this lowrance unit does so much stuff, i really don't think i'm smart enough to learn all it will do. but it's going to be fun trying. on the windy days bobber fishing, think maybe i'll let the wind made waves. work my floats, and i'll play with my electronics.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Buying a GPS/fishfinder-humminbird vs Lowrance

I bought a Humminbird 587ci with the intent of purchasing a Lowrance. BPS in Orlando FL also told me that there were issues with Lowrance 700 something series. Can't remember. Even when I got to the cashier the lady mentioned that I'd gotten the better. I never brought up the conversation. Leads me to believe them.

Also mine came with a transom mount however I mounted it inside the hull, closest to the rear, near the bilge pumps. If you do this make sure you have the point of the transducer facing the bow. Mine works as advertized and I've also ordered Navionics chip with $50 rebate. The 587ci unit comes with swivel mount and also adjustable to any angle. Don't think Lowrance has that capability.