Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Buying a GPS/fishfinder-humminbird vs Lowrance

I am looking to buy a GPS/fishfinder for my bass boat and would like some input. I am trying to decide which brand and unit to buy. Anyone have any suggestions or preferences please fill me in.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buying a GPS/fishfinder-humminbird vs Lowrance

Quote Originally Posted by BigB505 View Post
    I am looking to buy a GPS/fishfinder for my bass boat and would like some input. I am trying to decide which brand and unit to buy. Anyone have any suggestions or preferences please fill me in.
    I have used both and recently went to a Humminbird Side Imagining...I love it...I have found underwater structure that I have driven over for years...I have a Humminbird 997c linked to a Humminbird 788ci and love both of them...The 788ci is a little smaller unit and a bit less pricey, but it is a really good unit....In January there will be an upgrade to the SI units that will allow an awesome down imagine option...I can't wait and the dowloads/upgrades are free.

I have also seen the new Lowrance HDS units in action and they are pretty nice...Some stores were running real good deals on the HDS 5 over the past week or so...

But...If I were buying a unit I would go with the Humminbird Side Imagine!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for a entry level gps/fishfinder combo that wo'nt break the bank go with the Humminbird 365i. $299.00 but can be bought cheaper if do a search on the net. I do'nt remember where but I saw them for $265.00. A good little unit for the money & they have the same gps reciever as the high end units.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Phoenix boat dealer and they recently switched to humminbird as standard equipment due to reliability issues with the lowrance units

Post Thanks / Like

Humminbird 365i for 265.00 at Anchor Express http://www.anchorexpress.com/Product...tCode=407670-1

Post Thanks / Like

One word... HUMMINBIRD, If you not looking to spend a ton of money on something like a side imaging unit but yet still a good and reliable unit go with the Humminbird 385ci, or the 587ci unit, they are both very good units. But the guy i talked to in bass pro advised me to not buy lowrance, he said since they we bought out, lowrance had just been going down hill so if it were me i would buy humminbird... good luck on the purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes KyPit71, That's where I saw ti too.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a Humminbird 798 SI at Gander Mtn in BG for $675 today. They had 2 left.
    I was intending on getting a GPS/sonar combo and was really leaning toward a HDS-5. So I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price.I don't know if I'll use the side scan that much but it'll be fun to play with.

Plus, navionics is having a $50 rebate for purchases.I picked up our region (5) and a memory stick to save waypoints in case of power failure or whatever.
    With the rebate, All for around $ 800.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Humminbird 997 si and wouldnt trade it for anything. The features are great on this unit. Definetly go with Humminbird.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyPit71 View Post
    Humminbird 365i for 265.00 at Anchor Express http://www.anchorexpress.com/Product...tCode=407670-1
    Thanks for posting this unit I think this could make a nice X-mas gift for my father.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
    I picked up a Humminbird 798 SI at Gander Mtn in BG for $675 today. They had 2 left.
    I was intending on getting a GPS/sonar combo and was really leaning toward a HDS-5. So I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price.I don't know if I'll use the side scan that much but it'll be fun to play with.

Plus, navionics is having a $50 rebate for purchases.I picked up our region (5) and a memory stick to save waypoints in case of power failure or whatever.
    With the rebate, All for around $ 800.
    I have really been considering the 798 SI, but wow that price, I haven't seen them anywhere for 675. This sounds like a good unit, haven't heard anything bad yet. how long is this sale going on, do you know

Post Thanks / Like

Any thoughts, opinions, or experiences with the 798SI would be greatly appreciated. also if you know where any sales are being held could you reply back. Thanks everyone for you input on this subject.