Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

need help, on lowrance updates

I bought the lowrance hds-7 and the structure scan. the hds unit has to be updated to 2.5 for the structure scan to work. my computer won't open the lowrance download page, so i can't get the updates i need. if any of you guys have dowloaded the updates on to a sd card and used it already on your hds unit. would you be interested in selling it to me. if you will, after i upgrade my hds unit. i would give it back to you. thanks,

and as always,....may the good lord bless you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: need help, on lowrance updates

I have it on an SD card. Where are you located?
    I am at Cumberland Point on Lake Cumberland.

Just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

i also have it on sd card if glasgow is closer to ya you are welcome to stop by an upload it

Post Thanks / Like

I do thank you guys, trying to download this has about drove me nuts. but i did get it done, with the help of my daughter. old men like myself, when it comes to computers. I'm not the sharpest hook in the pack. i tried downloading it from the web, and it would say safari can't open page. well my daughter talked me through it on the phone. we did it through what she called a stand alone version. we got it downloaded, i put the sd card in my hds unit. and it uploaded to 2.5 and i can't wait to try it on the water. ps if any one has trouble trying to download the updates, i have it on this sd card. i don't need the sd card any more. so it's free to any one that needs it.

and as always, may the good lord bless you.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it,,,Now let me know if the structure scan is worth an extra $550. I have the HDS 7 and love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by campinman View Post
    Glad to hear it,,,Now let me know if the structure scan is worth an extra $550. I have the HDS 7 and love it.
    I started to go today, the heavy rain made me chicken out. looks like the next good weather for fishing is next week, high winds are in the forecast for the next few days. but i would be glad to report what i think of it. after i use it. i messed around with it, with my boat in the garage. i didn't know how it worked with the regular sonar transducer, but it looks like with the regular transducer on, when you hit the pages button and select structure scan, it over rides the regular sonar transducer. you were kind enough to offer me the use of your sd card with the uploads, and i thank you, and if you are thinking of buying the structure scan, and would like to see it work before investing the cash in it. you are more than welcome to try mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you..If you are ever fishing Lake Cumberland, let me know. I may be able to check it out.

Good Luck fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I started to go today, the heavy rain made me chicken out. looks like the next good weather for fishing is next week, high winds are in the forecast for the next few days. but i would be glad to report what i think of it. after i use it. i messed around with it, with my boat in the garage. i didn't know how it worked with the regular sonar transducer, but it looks like with the regular transducer on, when you hit the pages button and select structure scan, it over rides the regular sonar transducer. you were kind enough to offer me the use of your sd card with the uploads, and i thank you, and if you are thinking of buying the structure scan, and would like to see it work before investing the cash in it. you are more than welcome to try mine.

I see that a few people now have the structure scan. Where is it that you bought it from? I am having trouble finding it.....

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

to hilltopperbassin, I bought mine from, starmarinedepot.com the price was 552.00 plus shipping. I've had it hooked up for a few days now, but have not had a chance to check it out. may get to go sunday, hope so any way. I hope it shows fish as good as the demo shows old tires and concrete blocks.