Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Pass the linament

got one nice fish sunday, today I was going to wear them out. My choice of fishing spots was very bad, that wind made it hard to cast, and hard to see that float with the waves.My arms are as sore as eyes.Maybe tommorow will be better, if I've recouperated. Gee who figured 73 trs could be this hard on someone.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pass the linament

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    got one nice fish sunday, today I was going to wear them out. My choice of fishing spots was very bad, that wind made it hard to cast, and hard to see that float with the waves.My arms are as sore as eyes.Maybe tommorow will be better, if I've recouperated. Gee who figured 73 trs could be this hard on someone.
    Were you fishing LC...when I drove over the dam about mid morning, the wind was.....and the waves were....

But now, let's have a little respect for 73, I'm 64 and looking forward to fishing until the Gods determine I have my limit . Got my Tylenol Arthritis pills and Elbow Brace....go fish..

See you at Dale Hollow

Post Thanks / Like

No was at dale both days, headed south on Obey river for about 7 miles.Was always fighting the wind while casting the FNF and I left my sun glasses in the truck. those small floats are a pain in a choppy situation.

Post Thanks / Like

No was at dale both days, headed south on Obey river for about 7 miles.Was always fighting the wind while casting the FNF and I left my sun glasses in the truck. those small floats are a pain in a choppy situation.
    i fished from 6 to 10 at the mouth of obey and next to goat island, and the wolf river some. and not a bite. i never fished down toward the dam before, left home at 2:am this morning, got to holly creek at 5:am never been their before. sign said need parking pass or get towed, the office was closed. so no early fishing their, went to hendricks creek ramp, same thing. went to gurder hill or something like that, can't remember the name, but same thing, need 5 dollars to put your boat in the water, but the office was closed. then went to the state dock, where i should have went to start with. i wanted to fish some before daylight. but it was getting light as i put in. i can say before i go back, my next trip to dale will have to be better than today.

Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised that hendicks is charging a fee, they were one of the last to do so. I have a season pass to grider hill on cumberland, but doubt that I will renew it.During the summer they are always full, and you need to drive a half mile to drop your trailer.Well 5 bucks isn't that steep, if you have a safe place to park. Some3 of the free ramps are a risky situation.

Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised that hendicks is charging a fee, they were one of the last to do so. I have a season pass to grider hill on cumberland, but doubt that I will renew it.During the summer they are always full, and you need to drive a half mile to drop your trailer.Well 5 bucks isn't that steep, if you have a safe place to park. Some3 of the free ramps are a risky situation.
    I've never been to those three docks before, i wanted to put in at holly creek and pay when i got out, but was afriad, i would get towed. i was their at 5:am and the office don't open until 7:am and the sign said they would cut your locks and tow your truck. it would be nice if they had a box, for anyone who got their early. they could put their name and plate number and 5 bucks in a enevlope, drop it in a holding box and go on fishing. I've never been to the dam, do they have a ramp and parking their. if so whats it like.

Post Thanks / Like

yes there isa ramp close to the dam, it is a corp of eng. site, dont know if its always open, but if it is, they have boxes with envelopes.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in trouble then cause I already need rest and meds after fishing...for my back!