Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCDW Weapon

Post Thanks / Like

CCDW Weapon

Took the .357 out for the first time and this is what I got. Shot a few .38's and was picking different locations to shoot at. Not bad for 21ft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Recent 12-24-09 005.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	1340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Recent 12-24-09 001.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	1341  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CCDW Weapon

Nice shootin Don.Those all look like dead to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Note to self....never get on Don's bad side lol! Good shootin' Tex.

Post Thanks / Like

not bad! shootin. 357 is a good gun i did have a 357 stainless steel ruger sold it some time ago another good cal i always liked is a 40cal alot of law inforcement uses a 40.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I love getting out for that quick tune up when I'm travelling around with my job. Yeah I was using my Ruger GP100 SS and thats a sweet gun. I still prefer my .45 Kimber cause' I can send more lead down range without stopping! Arrrr arrrr arrrr man stuff!!!
    Tim...too funny!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Note to self....never get on Don's bad side lol! Good shootin' Tex.
    My sentiments exactly, fine shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

Good shootin Don. With that shot placement a .22 would work just fine lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Good shootin Don. With that shot placement a .22 would work just fine lol.
    Ryan do you guys get to practice often?

Post Thanks / Like

Alright Tex, I'll critique you since everybody else is afraid of ya now. LMAO! Notice how most of your groups trend to the left just a little bit? Try experimenting with a little more trigger finger (not just the pad) next time and see if it will pull them back to the center a bit. I've been told that if a right handed shooter is pushing groups a bit low/left, that he's using a bit too little trigger finger and maybe jerking the trigger a bit.

I'm usually just the opposite. I tend to be high/right...which is supposedly recoil anticipation.

Make sure to remember the exacts of it all, because when a drunken crack-addict jumps you behind a Waffle House at 2 in the morning you want to make sure you shoot a good bullseye score.

I'm just razzing you of course. Nice shooting. All kill shots indeed...you're first group must have been a doozy, because it blew the head clean off that target.

Post Thanks / Like

You know I always shoot left! LOL man I have tried closing my left eye, my right eye, changed my grip, changed my stance, controlled my breathing and even positioned my head differently but still shoot left.
    I guess I might have to just shoot more? LOL Lets go!!!

Wonder if that crack junkie will hold still for me? Hey if we go to Buds we better bundle up cause he must keep the AC on all year! I froze my left...uhh earlobe off!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Ryan do you guys get to practice often?
    Not any more. With Jerry and the price of ammo we shoot maybe a 100 rounds a year. I can remember when I first came on I could go to the range and shoot as much as I wanted. My buddies would give me as many rounds as I could shoot for as many calibers as I wanted with the exception of .22. I can remember leaving the range, when my fingers were so sore from loading and shooting that it hurt to grip the steering wheel. That is a lot of shooting.

If you were going camping and wanted to shoot a few rounds you could stop by the range and get a 100 or so rounds to keep your self in practice. Not any more. Those days are long gone.

The powers that be say it is cheaper this way. I was a much better shot and so were most of the people on the department. The powers have been shown how much money they can save in the long run. The loss of an officers life because he/she is not as proficient as they should be. You send a bullet down range and hit an Innocent person. Put a price on that and get back to me on what that cost and let me know what is cheaper.

Sorry for that rant Ryan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    You know I always shoot left! LOL man I have tried closing my left eye, my right eye, changed my grip, changed my stance, controlled my breathing and even positioned my head differently but still shoot left.
    I guess I might have to just shoot more? LOL Lets go!!!

Wonder if that crack junkie will hold still for me? Hey if we go to Buds we better bundle up cause he must keep the AC on all year! I froze my left...uhh earlobe off!
    Through my engineering genius, I've just sat here and solved your problem Don...can't believe I didn't think of this before. Just before you pull the trigger, take a 1/2 step to the right. LMAO!

I'm game for going shooting. I'm on vacation all next week, so give me a holler! We'll take THE STANG! (Uhh, as long as it's not snowing.)