Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Hollow Help

Heading down on the 29th and 30th. Never been on the lake before and thought I would put in at the state ramp and fish Sulphur creek area. Will be fishing the f-n-f and if anyone has any sugestions on what part of Sulphur I should start in would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Hollow Help

I have a cabin in Sulphur, and will be heading down on the 30th and staying though the 3rd. Since it will be bitter cold all weekend (28-40) degrees, I am assuming the water will be in the low 40s. So the key will be fishing SLOWWW. I will be mainly throwing the FNF, drop shot, and vertical jigging. As for where to fish, stay near the main lake on points and bluffs. The creeks will be at least 3 or 4 degrees colder than near the main. Sulphur has some nice bluffs and points about halfway out of the creek, but I usually dont fish the Kentucky side. Since the fish will be barely feeding, you need to find numbers of fish, so rely heavily on electronics. I wont put a bait in the water for more than 10 minutes if I am not marking fish or shad. For the FNF, I will be casting it and letting it sit most of the time, and drag it closer to the boat about every 20 seconds. For drop shot I drop it right down on their heads and wiggle it there or hold it right in front of them until they take it. They key next weekend will just really be fishing excruciatingly slow and hopefully trigging them to bite.

If you really want to catch fish live bait may be the best way to go as a back up for the FNF. The One stop in Celina and Strange Bait always have really good shiners, but they cost $6 a dozen which stings a little bit.

Hope this helps!! Good luck to you next weekend and hopefully we can catch some pigs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. Live bait sounds like some good advice. How far is the One stop from the state ramp?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I just looked at the weather report, highs in the 30s 2 days....dangit. Live bait is definitely a good choice. If you are at the state dock the closest to you would be Strange Bait and Tackle right in Burkesville. They have some good size shiners. The onestop is good too,but its all the way down in Celina. Good luck next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

They were hitting on the fnf this weekend. Water temp is around 48 on main lake. They have been catching a lot of fish on jigs fished really slow and deep. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!! I am going to go this weekend and give it a shot either way. I have nothing better to do. Might as well go freeze to death and do some FNF