Search Fishin.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: The End of Time

Post Thanks / Like
    The World cannot possibly end on the 21st.

It won't be until the 29th, when Louisville beats Kentucky.

Then, it's over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlleonard View Post
    It seems the closer "the end" gets the less you hear about it, makes you think nobody puts much faith in the prophesy or whatever it is.... Maybe the myans weren't as far ahead of their time as some folks gave them credit for... I suspect it will come and go and nobody will speak much about it from the next day on.
    The Mayans were ahead of their time, they were just misinterpreted. I have a calendar hanging in my kitchen that ends on 12/31/2012, but I don't think the people at KY Afield were trying to tell me the world is gonna end on that date when they made it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlleonard View Post
    .... Maybe the myans weren't as far ahead of their time as some folks gave them credit for...
    The thing is, the Mayans never suggested that the world will end on Dec 21, 2012. Their calander ended then, and some have suggested that means the world is predicted to end then too. In the Mayan system, one calander ended and the next one began.

Andrew

HURRICANEBOB Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    The thing is, the Mayans never suggested that the world will end on Dec 21, 2012. Their calander ended then, and some have suggested that means the world is predicted to end then too. In the Mayan system, one calander ended and the next one began.

Andrew
    GREAT...JUST WHEN THE COLTS HAD A WINNING SEASON GOING...
    This explains a lot.

1. Congress re fiscal cliff will wait tilll 13 Dec to get serious, hoping this is a way out.
    2. Now I know why so many stock companies are paying early special dividends, they won't need the money "if".
    3. Why is "your calendar out" less threatening then the term "his clock stopped" ???
    4. I should never have extended the warranty on my Honda outboard, I may have wasted 3.4 years of coverage.

If the calender stops, I think we ought start living it in reverse....like a country western song we'd get our taxes back, our economy back, and, maybe we'd still have 4 more years of Obama, but this time we'd know what to expect.

Post Thanks / Like

Who cares?

No matter what happens, one thing is sure, very few of us will be able to stop it, buts a nice btrak from political name calling and hate.I'm willing to bet that we,ll be here on1/1/13

Post Thanks / Like