Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asian Carp

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Asian Carp

These things are FAR worse then any Channa (snake heads) invading our waters. The reason is because they are filter feeders. Being filter feeders they harm things from the bottom of the food chain to the top.

Id rather have a population of northern snake heads that get up to 20lbs, will absolutely crush a plastic plug, bust tackle, fight hard and actually taste quite delicous. Instead we are dealing with this big stanking, dangerous, bad tasting, plankton feeders.

Post Thanks / Like

I snagged one on a crankbait near Warsaw, Markland Pool, on the Ohio River 4 years ago fishing a Tue night bass tournament out of Craigs. I didn't know what it was. I put it in the livewell, later took pics, and called Dennis Sharon, the local game warden. He came and looked at it, notified Frankfort, and they said they had no idea that the fish had migrated that far upstream. BTW I left the fish at the ramp for the racoons.

Post Thanks / Like

I just posted a picture taken at the Falls of the Ohio in the spring of two giants making their up stream.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

I think if we adopted this method and allowed one dispenser per fishing boat we may have a chance of reducing the population.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPGLwAlxBdM

Post Thanks / Like

The bow fishing clip gave me an idea for a new sport, using no lead shot, this would be a great way to keep up those reflexs for bird hunting. heck you could even make a tournament out of it, kind of a cross between trap shooting and fishing. a couple of boxes of small game load per man, bring the tail fins for talley and there you go.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppy View Post
    The bow fishing clip gave me an idea for a new sport, using no lead shot, this would be a great way to keep up those reflexs for bird hunting. heck you could even make a tournament out of it, kind of a cross between trap shooting and fishing. a couple of boxes of small game load per man, bring the tail fins for talley and there you go.
    I like it! But, does this mean our life jackets would have to made of Kevlar? I ask cause I fish with a freind of mine and evertime he casts, I have to run for cover or hit the deck as a matter or self-preservation.

OMG, this means shot gun shells would become fishing tackle at Walmart!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this.... St Louis zoo has the idea... Dan

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14923982/