Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS map studies

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GPS map studies

Gonna get this for sure...awesome info....thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

What arwe the minimum requirements for a PC, will it work on Windows XP, and will it print?

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry I did not fully read your post. I looked it up on the internet and that's the info I read. I did not mean to call you out. Like I said I am sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by kybasshunter View Post
    Bassman , I dont know where you got your info but your mistaken. I have the dvd and have studied all three of those lakes. Here are some of the popular lakes on this dvd. Barren River Lake, Nolin River Lake, Dale Hollow, Lake Cumberland, Green River Lake, Rough River Lake, Lake Malone, Kentucky Lake, Lake Barkley, Taylorsville Lake, Laurel River lake, Cave Run Lake................. These are just a few of the Kentucky lakes ......I personally just pulled up each of these lakes a few minutes ago to confirm they were on here. .................................................. Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kybasshunter View Post
    Go to Bass Pro Shop and get the Navionics HotMaps DVD and put it in your computer. IT has over 10,000 lakes on it. It has most if not all of the popular lakes in Kentucky. Awsome detail!!!! You can study a lake and plan your trip or print maps from your computer. You can view you favorite lakes in 3-d view which is AWSOME. You can mark your own hotspots on ledges, points,flats and transfer them to your chart plotter or handheld gps. I have spent countless winter days and nights studying all the lakes I fish... ..I highly recommend this.... Greg
    Is this a catalog item?

Post Thanks / Like

Review from BPS site

Mediocre for me, September 1, 2009
    By TNBryan from Tennessee http://reviews.basspro.com/static/20...views_icon.gif (read all my reviews)

"If you fish in Tennessee or Kentucky don't count on Kentucky lake or Lake Barkley in HD. Up til not long ago, they were available for this product, but not anymore. Some licensing snafu. Anyway, the non-HD maps are average at best and if you've ever seen the HD maps and their detail, you will be disappointed in the non-HD. I'd wait to see if they get them again before buying."

Would you recommend this product as a gift?: No

1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review)

Post Thanks / Like

Back to op's question. Dangerousdave, Navionics Navplanner is what you need. Runs between 85-90 bucks.

http://www.google.com/products?q=Nav...N&hl=en&tab=wf

Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry if I hijacked this thread, I was just trying to save members some money. AS far as high-def I guess I wouldnt know the difference. I do know these maps are every much as good or better than all the paper maps I have. This Dvd just allows you to do way more than what you can do with paper maps. Ive got a Lowrance hotspots card in my my Lowrance unit and this is ever bit as good as that. Except I cant bring in my Lowrance and study it in my living room..Hey, what can I say i like this product,just my opinion...... Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I am very interested in the dvd no mater what , I just cant find anywhere that tells that the lakes I'm looking for in Kentucky are on the dvd .Navionics website does'nt say the lakes I'm looking for in Ky. are on there.An likewise not disputeing previus posts.

Post Thanks / Like

pm me, if there are certain lakes you want to know about. Ill pull them up and check for sure they are on there. Greg

Post Thanks / Like

I plan on spending the $20 and trying it myself. I have also been lookin in to being able to do some pre-fishin scouting. This maybe the easiest and cheapest way to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a LEI card reader that came with map creat 6.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help and info.I picked up the Hot maps CD and have been working with it tonight, and this will help with my planning. Im very technology challanged my 10 year old granddaughter has informed me,and she is right. This will help me pass some time during this next cold front. Thanks