Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS map studies

Post Thanks / Like

GPS map studies

This is my first post but I need help. I am wanting to know what do I need to do to use my fishing hot spot chip or card in my PC so I can study and search for The hot spot or ledge on Ky lake during this cold weather.I have been told I could destroy my chip if I dont have an approved card reader.What do I need ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GPS map studies

I think you need a navionics map reader. they hook up to your computer and won't destroy your card. I think they are about a 100.00

Post Thanks / Like

Will the card reader with Mapcreate 6 work ? Interested as well , with any imformation I can pick up along the way .I have the Mapcreate 6 but dont really know much about useing it .

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Bass Pro Shop and get the Navionics HotMaps DVD and put it in your computer. IT has over 10,000 lakes on it. It has most if not all of the popular lakes in Kentucky. Awsome detail!!!! You can study a lake and plan your trip or print maps from your computer. You can view you favorite lakes in 3-d view which is AWSOME. You can mark your own hotspots on ledges, points,flats and transfer them to your chart plotter or handheld gps. I have spent countless winter days and nights studying all the lakes I fish... ..I highly recommend this.... Greg
    Likes Moveon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How much does it cost???

Post Thanks / Like

The Navionics DVD cost $20 but it is not what you are looking for. I looked up the lakes in KY that it covers. It is not much at all. Barkley, Ky and Barren River Lake are not on the list. Those are the lakes I would be most interested in taking a detailed look at. Also some of the reviews say the lake maps that they do have are not as detailed as they claim.

Post Thanks / Like

it was right at 20 bucks ..great deal

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know if it has Monroe or Patoka in Indiana???? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Bassman , I dont know where you got your info but your mistaken. I have the dvd and have studied all three of those lakes. Here are some of the popular lakes on this dvd. Barren River Lake, Nolin River Lake, Dale Hollow, Lake Cumberland, Green River Lake, Rough River Lake, Lake Malone, Kentucky Lake, Lake Barkley, Taylorsville Lake, Laurel River lake, Cave Run Lake................. These are just a few of the Kentucky lakes ......I personally just pulled up each of these lakes a few minutes ago to confirm they were on here. .................................................. Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I just pulled up and looked at Monroe and Patoka in Indiana........ Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks basshunter!!!! Can you zoom in and out to see more detail???

Post Thanks / Like

Yes ,You can zoom in and out , click to move around as you studying detail. I guess this is considered interactive. Its got several different icons available to mark different things around the lake.The 3-d effect is cool, you can get a perspective the same as walking down in the channel and looking up the sides at the contour of the lake. I love this thing, I spend all kinds of time on it ................ Greg