Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

womens bassmaster tour

BASS eliminated the Women's Bassmaster Tour from the Bassmaster Tournament Trail Monday. Despite BASS' best efforts to grow the WBT, participation levels have been declining significantly since the inception of the tour in 2005.
    WBT anglers who already registered for 2010 WBT events will be provided a full refund, and interested WBT anglers will be given every opportunity to register for BASS events they are eligible for.
    "This was a very tough decision and one that we didn't take lightly," said Tom Ricks, BASS general manager and vice president. "We made every effort to grow the WBT — even awarding WBT anglers a berth in the Classic — but ultimately it didn't resonate."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: womens bassmaster tour

I originally liked the idea of the tour and only watched a few of the televised shows. One thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was when they started allowing a berth into the Classic for fishing the WBT. It showed a perceived favortism toward women in a sport that should show none, I mean the fish don't know who is on the other end of the rod.

The WBT was good on paper but that rule killed it for me. Let women come up through the ranks like Whites, Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, young, old and whatever then they can be treated as equals anything else is wrong in my eyes. JMO and I'm not slamming women in the sport just saying that the WBT implied an inability to compete with men which was wrong. It's too bad and I hope a few of the women can fish as professionals through the other tours.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: womens bassmaster tour

DJD, i 2nd your opinion on the WBT...... I had been against the whole thing since it 1st started up.....