Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

12.02# LM caught Jan. 1, 2010

Caught this Jan 1, 2010 what a way to start the new year (decade)!!!

Caught on lake Hatchineha on the Kissimmee Chain using a Stanley Ribbits topwater frog. It was raining hard and temps were falling and mixed in was a 10-20 MPH wind....Defenantly a Fish of a lifetime I'll always remember! I released her like any good sportsman would do, I'm going to get a replica of her though!

The trip was really tough not many fish caught at all, my dad caught one that went 7.5# and a few others nothing else over 5# fishing was tough and only got tougher each and everyday we were there. But I'll take quality over quantity anyday!

See the Pics on the Fishin.com Photo Board:

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/showth...143#post395143

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 12.02# LM caught Jan. 1, 2010

Awesome fish, I'm very happy for you, WTG.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

I was about to go nuts I thought it was caught in Kentucky. Still a great fish. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go. Some friends and I have been going to FL in feb. or mar. for the last 10 years for a week and I have yet to catch my double digit fish. I have a 9.25 but it just isn't the same. Great catch and I hope I get mine too.

Post Thanks / Like

Several of the guys I know who go down every winter have caught 10+ fish but 12lbs is a monster even for Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

Awsome fish. Thats a great lake for big fish too. Hope to have one like it from falcon.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! WTG!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I really appreciate it....I worked for several years tryin to find that 10 lb plus wall hanger...and it just takes preserverance and patience and eventually that perfect cast will come along and you'll get rewarded for all the hard work and hours and hours of water time that I know all of you put in....So good luck to all you guys and keep casting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    I released her like any good sportsman would do

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/showth...143#post395143

Great fish, and I am happy for you, but I take a lot of offense to this statement. Just because you don't release your trophy doesn't make you any less sportsman-like. You released the fish, that is good for you, but don't try and make guys that keep fish out to be unsportsmanlike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rudypoo4444 View Post
    Great fish, and I am happy for you, but I take a lot of offense to this statement. Just because you don't release your trophy doesn't make you any less sportsman-like. You released the fish, that is good for you, but don't try and make guys that keep fish out to be unsportsmanlike.
    Its every anglers own decision to make for sure. I have friends who have kept their trophy fish in fact I did in my younger years. But I cant really point a finger at the guys who scold a guy for keeping one either.

That 12lb fish may not have been there if somebody had not released it. But it doesnt matter what I think or anybody else thinks really. But good job releasing that fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rudypoo4444 View Post
    well in this day in age that we live where a man can get a replica for the same price as the real thing and it looks just as good...what would be the point in keeping that trophy?....that fish is probably pretty old and it wouldn't have the chance to possibly grow into that 15 pounder if I hadn't released it nor would it have the chance to lay those eggs that have the genes to grow to the 10+ pound fish we all desire to catch...I just don't see the point in keeping a fish unless your going to eat it. So yeah I do feel its unsportsman like to keep a fish for a real mount when you can just as easily get a replica its a win win you get your mount and the fish gets to live and reproduce...isn't that what conservation and sportsmanship is all about?....but to be fair this is just my opinion.