Search Fishin.com

Thread: Boy Scouts

Post Thanks / Like

Boy Scouts

This may not be the right board but I wanted to praise everyone here that is or has been a Boy Scout and especially the Eagle Scouts.

I was just reading my latest History Channel magazine and they had an article about the Boy Scouts celebrating their 100th birthday this year. One of the things that caught my eye but did not surprise me is the incentive that Scouting gives to young men to be good fishermen, hunters and especially conservationist.

Something that did suprise me and is the reason why I want to praise Scouts is that in its 100 year history there have only been 112, 000,000 Boy Scouts. And of that number less then two percent ever become Eagle Scouts. I won't cite all of the famous people that have been or are Eagle Scouts but if you are interested do a Search for Boy Scouts and Eagle Scout.

Anyhow, I was just curious to know how many people on Fishin.com are or have been Boy Scouts. And also, are any of you Eagle Scouts.

If you would like to share how Scouting helped you in your life, I would like to hear it.

Grumpy
    Last edited by Grumpy; 01-06-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boy Scouts

I am,...Eagle Scout, Class of 1983

Keith Doane

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boy Scouts

My grandson just turned 13 and is on target to be an Eagle Scout by late summer/early fall this year.