Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Dale hollow 1/1-1/4

[COLOR=#191970]Went to Dale Hollow 1st-4th. This weekend was the worst conditions I have ever fished in. 10 degrees in the morning with 20 mph wind is crazy but I'm glad I went. The first day I threw the bobber and only got 1 fish. The only fish and bait I could graph were 60 feet deep. I decided to pick up some shiners for the second day and ended up with 10 fish from 35-50 feet. Most on bluffs. The third day we tried the bobber again and jigs with only 3 fish on grass flats. With our last day we started with shiners and had one of the best experiences of my life. The snow was falling and we boated 9 in about an hour and lost close to 10 more. The fish were actually busting water at times they were feeding so hard. For the day we boated 11 and lost more than 20! I have never lost so many fish. They were lost half way back to the boat most times. Two were so big I never even thought about starting to reel. They just ran and ran. Regardless, what a great trip with tough conditions[/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale hollow 1/1-1/4

Sounds like a rough trip but I bet that last day made it all worth it, huh? Good report

Post Thanks / Like

Owski - You definitely want it worse than me that's for sure...I don't much care to fish when it gets this cold, mainly because it seems like it's more of a pain in the butt, having to fight the ice in the rod eye's and on the reel spool, etc...But I can definitely see the bright side of fishing under these conditions too: a) having the lake to yourself, b) the beauty of the snow falling around you and c) getting to experience an extremely hot bite like you got yourself into. Thanks for psoting!

Post Thanks / Like

I never ate, drank or used the bathroom while on the boat. Just too cold.