Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cumberland River Trip

I am planning a guys weekend down at the river for trout, striper and Walleye and was thinking about going end of Feb or mid March. When is the best time to go to get into some Walleye and stripers?? I will be fishing from the bank below te dam. Thanks!!

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cumberland River Trip

Shawn-
    Stripers are tough from the shore on the river. You really need to get on a boat and get up where they are generating. Sounds like people have been catching stripers and walleye doing that and casting shad on lead heads and letting them bounce down like they are coming out of the turbines. Walleye and Stripers are hanging out right were the water comes out feeding on the dead shad coming through the turbines. We have gotten into walleye from the shore down were the hatchery creek comes into the river, throwing large jerkbaits and spoons. Good luck!

Let us know how you guys do.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rich. So far there are five of us going, maybe a couple more and I am the only one with a boat so I plan on leaving her home and trying big jerkbaits and swimbaits from the bank around dusk and after dark below the dam. Plan on just relaxing, shooting the crap with a radio trout fishing during the day. This trip is more of a "getaway" trip to ease the winter stress and to be around good freinds although a good tug on the line is surely missed from these tired working hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sglass View Post
    Thanks Rich. So far there are five of us going, maybe a couple more and I am the only one with a boat so I plan on leaving her home and trying big jerkbaits and swimbaits from the bank around dusk and after dark below the dam. Plan on just relaxing, shooting the crap with a radio trout fishing during the day. This trip is more of a "getaway" trip to ease the winter stress and to be around good freinds although a good tug on the line is surely missed from these tired working hands.
    Its good to get away with the guys like that. We did the same trip back in the end of Nov. We stayed at Kendall. Try down where the hatchery creek comes into the river. There is a large sandbar right there that the walleye stack up on in the evening. We have the best results in the dark at night throwing those large jerkbaits down and across that sandbar. I've heard of a few stripers coming from that spot as well. Good luck.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sglass View Post
    I am planning a guys weekend down at the river for trout, striper and Walleye and was thinking about going end of Feb or mid March. When is the best time to go to get into some Walleye and stripers?? I will be fishing from the bank below te dam. Thanks!!

Shawn

GO FISH, Jerkbait from the bank....did I say jerkbait from the bank? Have a blast!

FISH ON,
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

With the river getting lower what part of it would you fish if you where going down this weekend. Would you stay up by the dam or move down the river some to find the deeper pools. ( for walleye and stripers ) Thanks

Have Fun and be Safe GREEN RIVER TIME

Post Thanks / Like

anyone thanks

Post Thanks / Like

anyone thanks