Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

ky dam snagging ?

Does anyone know since the new bridge is open can you snag on the marshall co side.It has been closed for years

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ky dam snagging ?

That sure would make my day if it was. Also, are there restrictions on that side, like snagging is only permitted downstream of the new bridge?

I snagged from the Marshall County shore long before the construction began...would love to dust off the ol' rod and get back on those spoonies this spring! Haven't caught one in years!

Post Thanks / Like

It says in the book no snagging from the new bridge to the I24 bridge.So im not for sure about the marshall co side but it sure would be nice.I thank im going to drive over there this weekend and check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Well please post a report. I had some really good times back in high school in April - I can remember getting out of class and then hauling butt straight to the dam from Draffenville. That was back when the limit was 15! I really miss those days!

Shoot I remember when I got started, ol' man Bill at Bill's Bait and Tackle was my friend there for a while with as many sinkers and hooks as I was going through! Now it's closed, along with KY Dam 1 Stop (where I got my line). What local place has all the stuff now that is reasonably priced? Is Fisherman's Friend still open? They were always higher, but if that's all that's left now what choice do you have.....

Post Thanks / Like

Fisherman's Friend (Ken's) is still open and has what you need. Have no idea about the snagging regs....but definitely the new bridge is open and has been for a while now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    Fisherman's Friend (Ken's) is still open and has what you need. Have no idea about the snagging regs....but definitely the new bridge is open and has been for a while now.
    Yes, we know the bridge is open....the question is whether or not the area below it is open, as in the banks of Marshall County. Those banks have been closed up during construction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster78 View Post
    Does anyone know since the new bridge is open can you snag on the marshall co side.It has been closed for years
    never heard of it..... what is snagging

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by burt.fishin View Post
    never heard of it..... what is snagging
    Basically what it sounds like it is .....

heavy tackle - heavy line - heavy sinker on end of line - large treble hooks tied up the line from the sinker .... cast into water & make sweeping jerks with rod. Generally used to foulhook/snag Spoonbill Catfish, as they make their run up the river. Plenty of YouTube videos to be seen ... just search for them.

See page 16 of this publication for regulations on snagging : http://fw.ky.gov/pdf/09fishguidefishingregs.pdf

... Pappy

Post Thanks / Like

I would always stop at hopkinsvilles B&j tackle to get my hooks and line.then stop at the pelican for sinkers.i dont even know if there open or not becuse there phone has been cut off or they have a new number but it looks like i will find out tommarow.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Did you go?

I drove across the I-24 bridge both Sat. and Sun. nights, didn't see much of any current/gates open...but of course it was dark.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah we went for a couple of hours and didnt catch anything.you still cannot get on marshall co side