Quote Originally Posted by bluegrasser View Post
Rich, are you talking about the Green River in Utah? There is a spot called the "Little Hole" right near the parking lot that I can totally see someone catching a big trout in that swift current and getting swept away.

I fished there for about 7 years in a row before a new child ended that streak. Haven't been out there in 5 years now. Look at the pictures though every day at my house. I have a collage of scenes from the Green that are pretty breathtaking - not to even mention the huge trout! Can't wait to get back.

*As far as the original question - my favorite spot is the Dix, floating between the dam and spillway rapids, throwing a streamer into a streambank log jam and seeing what behemoth might rise from the deep. Yep, I could go out like that.
Blue-
That's the spot! We go in right there at little hole and usually cross over to the other side, then fish that long run that is just FULL of browns! Then we walk down a little to where the river bows out and there is that large, shallow flat area....killer water for throwing large Cicada immitations. My brother and I have had EPIC fly fishing days right there at little hole. We still talk about one day we had in particular, back in 1994. It was one of those days that you will never forget! It was summer, July I believe, and we waded out at little hole, like we always do....but the onslot of large trout we caught was beyond belief! We were using wd-40s, and catching large trout...literally....EVERY CAST! If you didn't hook up with one, you were turning one. I still remember keeping my net on my head because I was using it so often, that I stopped hooking it back to my back connector! The cool thing was, there was only one other guy there that day, so we had little hole practically to ourselves (which is unusual, as you know). We ended up catching (and releasing, of course) over 50 fish a piece! And all the fish were either pushing 20" or over! Love that place! I've never had a day like that again at the Green. I've had really good days, but none that can compare to that day with my bro in 1994!

-Rich