Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If you had one day to fly fish left...

So, if you had one day left on this earth to fly fish, where would you go?

That is easy for me, I would have to go to the Green River in WY. If you have never been there, it's AMAZING!!! Perhaps the most beautiful scenary you've ever seen, plus the water is crystal clear and COLD. The fishing is AWESOME, with monster browns, bows and occasional cutts. If I had one day left, I would wade out in the river at Little Hole, hook into a monster bow.....do a "River Runs Through it" and just go down river with it....never to be seen again!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you had one day to fly fish left...

Somewhere in the Smokies. That is where I first caught wild trout and I make 2 or 3 trips there a year.

Post Thanks / Like

I always wanted to go fish in Alaska!

Post Thanks / Like

That's easy... the FL Keys. You name it, you can catch it. I spend two weeks there every June and it never gets old. My wife already knows what flat to spread my ashes on. Now if I can just teach her how to drive the boat and use the GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyfish View Post
    That's easy... the FL Keys. You name it, you can catch it. I spend two weeks there every June and it never gets old. My wife already knows what flat to spread my ashes on. Now if I can just teach her how to drive the boat and use the GPS
    Have you caught Bonefish on the flats? Is it as awesome as it looks??

Post Thanks / Like

You can teach me those GPS coordinates since my brother and I are planning our first trip to the keys this summer, lol! My brother and I have been talking about going to the keys for years now, and looks like we are finally going to do it this summer. Can you give me any ideas on areas, guides, accomidations or how fishing is in the summer months? We are freshwater fly fishermen, so when it comes to saltwater, we are out of our element. Thanks.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Rich, where are you looking to stay, and what month are you going? There are guides scattered up and down the keys, but you can do a lot with a kayak in the backwaters. If you happen to be down there June 6-18, I'll get you my cell #. That's when I'll be down there for my 2 week stent this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Rich, where are you looking to stay, and what month are you going? There are guides scattered up and down the keys, but you can do a lot with a kayak in the backwaters. If you happen to be down there June 6-18, I'll get you my cell #. That's when I'll be down there for my 2 week stent this year.
    Were aren't exactly sure just yet. I'll give ya a shot when we set some exacts. Hopefully it will work out cause we've talk about this many times in the past and our work schedules just wouldn't allow it.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go down to Cland and striper fish. Can be there in two hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I'd go down to Cland and striper fish. Can be there in two hours.
    Have you ever caught a striper on a fly rod Peter?

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

What is the temp like down there that time of year? I bet it would be nice this time of year !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    If I had one day left, I would wade out in the river at Little Hole, hook into a monster bow.....do a "River Runs Through it" and just go down river with it....never to be seen again!

-Rich
    Rich, are you talking about the Green River in Utah? There is a spot called the "Little Hole" right near the parking lot that I can totally see someone catching a big trout in that swift current and getting swept away.

I fished there for about 7 years in a row before a new child ended that streak. Haven't been out there in 5 years now. Look at the pictures though every day at my house. I have a collage of scenes from the Green that are pretty breathtaking - not to even mention the huge trout! Can't wait to get back.

*As far as the original question - my favorite spot is the Dix, floating between the dam and spillway rapids, throwing a streamer into a streambank log jam and seeing what behemoth might rise from the deep. Yep, I could go out like that.