Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Barren Lake/River 1/15

Well, after hauling the boat up to do some much anticipated fishing......got to the ramp at Bailey's.....frozen solid! Man! I was so pumped to get out on the water and try my new TM out. So, we tried not to make a complete bust of the beautiful day, and we headed to the Barren River tailwaters. The weather was great, the fishing was not. Caught 5 channel cats about 10" long and 5 yellow bass. Oh well, it felt good to just be out in the sun with a rod in hand. Hopefully this continued warmer weather and a little rain should help break the ice up.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren Lake/River 1/15

yep all the cold weather gear is not going to stop the lake from freezing.A friend of mine tried launching last year, thinking if he could just get to the open water he could fish.The trailer went down the ramp, and kept going, the surface was slick ice. The trailer stopped, the boat came partially off, and then the fun started.The back of the boat was on the ice, thetrailer was under it.He had towing insurance, and called a wrecker, and a few of his friends. It isn't worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren Lake/River 1/15

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    yep all the cold weather gear is not going to stop the lake from freezing.A friend of mine tried launching last year, thinking if he could just get to the open water he could fish.The trailer went down the ramp, and kept going, the surface was slick ice. The trailer stopped, the boat came partially off, and then the fun started.The back of the boat was on the ice, thetrailer was under it.He had towing insurance, and called a wrecker, and a few of his friends. It isn't worth it.
    Lol, sounds like quite a situation! I wasn't about to try breaking ice, not worth it to me....there is always another day. Oh well.

-Rich