Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Salt River Tailwaters/ Tville Lake

Anyone fished the lake or tailwaters recently? I went out there Saturday and some of the lake was still frozen, so I fished the tailwaters for a couple hours and didn't catch anything. Ran a crank bait and had some cut bait sitting out. I did get a nice hit on the cut bait but no fish so show for it.

Anyone else??? Any tips please? I'm ready to catch my 1st fish of the year. I'll surely be trying again this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salt River Tailwaters/ Tville Lake

I was gonna get out on the lake tomorrow but can't fish long enough for it to be worth the trouble of getting the boat out so I'm gonna try the tailwaters...haven't been there since last year, gonna try some minnows and nightcrawlers I guess. Caught a few nice hybrids and a nice catfish last year but that was in hot weather, never had luck in the winter down there. Would like to know if anybody's been doing any good and how/where to get one on the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishFry View Post
    I was gonna get out on the lake tomorrow but can't fish long enough for it to be worth the trouble of getting the boat out so I'm gonna try the tailwaters...haven't been there since last year, gonna try some minnows and nightcrawlers I guess. Caught a few nice hybrids and a nice catfish last year but that was in hot weather, never had luck in the winter down there. Would like to know if anybody's been doing any good and how/where to get one on the line.

Did ya get out there? I've always had my best luck fishing at the widest part right there where you walk down the stairs. Ive had really good luck when Ive walked all the way around and fished the point.

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt make it today, had some stuff to get done around the house and it was a dreary morning to get out. I always either fish up in the swift water or walk around to the rocks on the opposite bank where the river is the widest. Thats where my best fish have come from.

Gonna try Elkhorn either Friday or Sunday if it's fishable and may hit up the T-Ville tailwaters the other day. I'll let you know if/when I make it out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna make another try at the tailwaters in the morning, hoping the water won't be too muddy. I'll probably try the swift current up on the ledge if the waters muddy or will walk around to the point if its not too stained. Will report back sometime tomorrow night, gonna try nightcrawlers and minnows and some artificials.