Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

1st trip to Guntersville

My dad and I are goin to try Guntersville out for the first time. We have been looking for a place to stay that won't break the bank. Sometimes those places are kinda hard to find. We really don't know anything about the lake. We are plannin on going around the middle of March. Any fishin advice would be great also.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1st trip to Guntersville

Quote Originally Posted by bassman_ky View Post
    My dad and I are goin to try Guntersville out for the first time. We have been looking for a place to stay that won't break the bank. Sometimes those places are kinda hard to find. We really don't know anything about the lake. We are plannin on going around the middle of March. Any fishin advice would be great also.
    Thanks

We are making our first trip down there also on Feb. 11th. We found rooms at the Holiday Inn in Guntersville. It is on the water and has its own ramp and boatdock. It was 70 plus tax a night. That was about the best we could find without going out away from the lake. Hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to Guntersville the last three years. First year stayed at Hampton in about $105 a night, I like there boat parking. They have electic for charging your batteries.

Stayed at the Days Inn for about $55 a night. They also had boat parking with electric hook ups.

Have also stayed at the Holiday Inn. Didn't really care for their boat parking.

The best was last year rented a cabin from Paradise Cove. I believe it was around $100 a night plus we got to use one side of their boat house. It was nice we could pull the boat in, raise it out of the water, plug in the electric and walk up the hill to the cabin.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a group of 9 heading there in March. Staying at Ossa Winn Lodge. I've heard good things about the place and location, so we'll see...It's our first trip down there too!!!