Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those that do not know GLoomis has two different ways to claim a warranty replacement. The expediter warranty is a no questions ask warranty and they ship you a rod out with either next day or two day shipping I cant remember. I do know its not standard shipping but it is faster than standard shipping. Anyways you give them a credit card number and they charge $100 which includes shipping to you. When you get your rod within 1-2 days you have 30 days to ship them your old rod or your card will be charged the full amount for the new rod. You will be out shipping your old rod so the total cost is 100 up front and another 20 or so sending them your old rod. The reason they call it expediter warranty is because how fast you get a new rod. Yes it is 100 bones but you can call them one day and have a new rod within 2 days.

The standard warranty is mail them your old rod. They will inspect it and determine if the issue was your fault or a product defect. If they determine its a product defect they contact you and you pay them a replacement fee. If my memory is correct I "think" its $50 which includes them shipping you a new rod. I don't recall the exact amount but its nowhere near $100. Once they get their fee they ship you a new rod with standard shipping. The whole process may take 2 weeks.

Here is where I have an issue with the standard warranty. What if they determine you was at fault? I wanted to ask them this question but I did not. I told them honestly how I broke my rod. I was hung in on a tree limb about 3-4 feet deep. I tried to pop it lose by popping slack in my line (some call this the bow string technique) at no point did I ever poke my rod into the tree top. I was getting my lure retriever out of my locker when I noticed my rod moving on the front deck. I had forgotten to release the spool and when the boat drifted a couple of feet my rod started moving. I quickly grabbed it and pulled before it went overboard. When I done this it snapped 6" off. My questions is was this my fault or was there a weak spot in the blank. I don't know and for $50 more I was not going to take the gamble and let them say it was my fault. Instead of paying $50 and taking the gamble I paid $100 and done the no questions asked expediter warranty and had a rod at my door two days latter. Kind of stinks but I was not willing to take that gamble. During my phone conversation I just got the impression they wanted to do the expediter warranty instead of the standard warranty. They never point blank said it but they did say expediter warranty was the way to go if I wanted a rod within 2 days no questions asked.

Most people are not aware of the way that cost much less. How ever I do not like the idea of someone making a judgment call on why the rod broke when they was not present when it happened. Most people just pay the $100 and get a rod the next day and deal with getting them your old rod before you are charged full price.

It's been a while (2-3 years) since I had this conversation so this is my best recollection. I do not know if things are still the same or if they have changed but there is a less expensive option...IF your willing to take a gamble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    For those that do not know GLoomis has two different ways to claim a warranty replacement. The expediter warranty is a no questions ask warranty and they ship you a rod out with either next day or two day shipping I cant remember. I do know its not standard shipping but it is faster than standard shipping. Anyways you give them a credit card number and they charge $100 which includes shipping to you. When you get your rod within 1-2 days you have 30 days to ship them your old rod or your card will be charged the full amount for the new rod. You will be out shipping your old rod so the total cost is 100 up front and another 20 or so sending them your old rod. The reason they call it expediter warranty is because how fast you get a new rod. Yes it is 100 bones but you can call them one day and have a new rod within 2 days.

The standard warranty is mail them your old rod. They will inspect it and determine if the issue was your fault or a product defect. If they determine its a product defect they contact you and you pay them a replacement fee. If my memory is correct I "think" its $50 which includes them shipping you a new rod. I don't recall the exact amount but its nowhere near $100. Once they get their fee they ship you a new rod with standard shipping. The whole process may take 2 weeks.

Here is where I have an issue with the standard warranty. What if they determine you was at fault? I wanted to ask them this question but I did not. I told them honestly how I broke my rod. I was hung in on a tree limb about 3-4 feet deep. I tried to pop it lose by popping slack in my line (some call this the bow string technique) at no point did I ever poke my rod into the tree top. I was getting my lure retriever out of my locker when I noticed my rod moving on the front deck. I had forgotten to release the spool and when the boat drifted a couple of feet my rod started moving. I quickly grabbed it and pulled before it went overboard. When I done this it snapped 6" off. My questions is was this my fault or was there a weak spot in the blank. I don't know and for $50 more I was not going to take the gamble and let them say it was my fault. Instead of paying $50 and taking the gamble I paid $100 and done the no questions asked expediter warranty and had a rod at my door two days latter. Kind of stinks but I was not willing to take that gamble. During my phone conversation I just got the impression they wanted to do the expediter warranty instead of the standard warranty. They never point blank said it but they did say expediter warranty was the way to go if I wanted a rod within 2 days no questions asked.

Most people are not aware of the way that cost much less. How ever I do not like the idea of someone making a judgment call on why the rod broke when they was not present when it happened. Most people just pay the $100 and get a rod the next day and deal with getting them your old rod before you are charged full price.

It's been a while (2-3 years) since I had this conversation so this is my best recollection. I do not know if things are still the same or if they have changed but there is a less expensive option...IF your willing to take a gamble.
    They have changed their normal warranty policy............

I sent a bronzeback under warranty for what I thought should be a warranty issue. They decided it was not. My plan was to expedite another rod, if not.

Long story short..........their expeditor price for that rod was 75 bucks at the time. I paid 50 for the warranty evaluation, and the shipping, so I was already into it for 63 bucks........i asked if I could just pay the difference and expedite. NOPE. I paid another 75 bucks and they sent me a new one.

They specifically told me the expeditor is the way I should have went, because rarely are issues warranty related.

They also have 2 levels of expeditor.........overnight, and normal ground. The overnight is 25 bucks extra, I think. BUT I gotta tell ya, that is awesome too. I broke 2 loomis rods 5-6 years back while loading my trailer for canada. I had the rods expedited to my outfitter, and they were there the day I got there. I sent the broken ones back FROM the outfitter.

Yea baby.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    based on your experience and the gut feeling i had expediter is the way to go
    Likes GeoFisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by R19 View Post
    based on your experience and the gut feeling i had expediter is the way to go
    I just wish Shimano would stand behind the Cumara rods..........I still have a ton of them, 12 to be exact. I was able to get one replaced, but the replacement came with a blurb about only having a 1 year warranty.......CRAP , if you ask me, but to be honest, I'm not sure I've ever broke the same or replaced rod twice...........

Maybe I'm good.