Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Computer guru can it be done

Can a navionics dvd
    Be copied to a sd memoray card. the sd card put in the digital camera & viewed.
    after re reading this I assume a laptop in the boat would be a lot simplier

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Computer guru can it be done

Quote Originally Posted by rickhise View Post
    Can a navionics dvd
    Be copied to a sd memoray card. the sd card put in the digital camera & viewed.
    after re reading this I assume a laptop in the boat would be a lot simplier
    Maybe.

It depends on what the native format of the Navonics maps are........if they are JPG, then I suspect so.......if not, maybe not.......

I don't have a navonics DVD to try with, if you know someone in LOU who wants me to try, I will.

Later,

geo

Post Thanks / Like

Rick I'm not too sure about your main question...but you can create waypoints on the DVD maps and them transfer them onto your gps unit...if you have the correct hardware...the directions are in the DVD manual on how to do this. Also, you can print the maps..any size and area you want.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know about cell phones, but you can get gps readings, what you do with them afterwards is beyond my comprehension. I have an eagle sonar gps unit, but lost the book. It took me a year to figure out what my grandson did on his last trip, now I can see my baits sometimes. there was a tutorial on the web, but forgot how to access it. My hand held gpsgot soaked and quit.If you want to borrow my navionics dvd its just a call away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    I dont know about cell phones, but you can get gps readings, what you do with them afterwards is beyond my comprehension. I have an eagle sonar gps unit, but lost the book. It took me a year to figure out what my grandson did on his last trip, now I can see my baits sometimes. there was a tutorial on the web, but forgot how to access it. My hand held gpsgot soaked and quit.If you want to borrow my navionics dvd its just a call away.

Can you download this DVD onto more than one computer????

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Computer guru can it be done

iroberts I'm polish, took me 2 weeks to learn how to turn the computer on, and after 26 years quit trying to turn the wife off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kygorski View Post
    iroberts I'm polish, took me 2 weeks to learn how to turn the computer on, and after 26 years quit trying to turn the wife off.

Picture me laughing my *@# off!!!!!! If you get the wife thing figured out, give me clue would ya?!?!?!?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

Assuming the SD chip will hold the amont of information on the DVD, you should be able to copy one to another, but from a laptop. Navionics places a warning label in the package stating not to place the chip in a computer or it would be rendered useless. I've never tried it, but I put the SD chip from my cameras in th laptop all the time. They're just like another drive.

DJ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    Assuming the SD chip will hold the amont of information on the DVD, you should be able to copy one to another, but from a laptop. Navionics places a warning label in the package stating not to place the chip in a computer or it would be rendered useless. I've never tried it, but I put the SD chip from my cameras in th laptop all the time. They're just like another drive.

DJ
    u lost me when u said navonics warns u about placing the chip in a computer
    ?? navonic sprogram is a dvd & that is copied to an sd chip didnt understand what u meant

Post Thanks / Like

Same topic of Navionics, but off subject, does anyone have the East Lake maps on compact flash? Please PM me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post

DJ
    You can't plug the preloaded chips into a computer w/o the right software. The Nav Explorer DVD probably cannot be copied to an SD, but I doubt you could even load it into a camera because of it's programing. Now something cool that has come out is if you have either an IPhone or a smartphone, they make Navionics mobile now that you can use on your phone, and take pictures to mark spots. It's a pretty cool deal available on their website. www.navionics.com