Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Pflueger Supreme

Just bought this reel to go on a 7 foot St Croix. I was gonna get another Revo SX but I got talked into trying this reel. It was marked down 30 bucks on sale.

Any of you guys got this reel, it feels really good out of the box, am I gonna regret buying this reel.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pflueger Supreme

Mark this is just my opinion but i bought one two years ago and it now collects dust ,,,,,

i didnt like it because i had to replace the worm gear after the first trip. bought it off e-bay and didnt have a warranty or return so it may just have been that reel.

Post Thanks / Like

The name phleger or what ever has been around since I was a kid, the supreme was just that long long ago, just like the shakespere president.Try it it might work well for you. I went many years with out buying a japanese reel, then got a diawa that was an eye opener.I have a diawa that is over 25 years old that I still use on one of my FNF rods, sounds like a coffee grinder, but have never needed it to serviced, the fast cast feature works well. Almost no fishing tackle is made in america anymore, bet that supreme was made in china,

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Pflueger Supreme

I am not familiar with Supreme; but I like Pflueger spinning reels. That is all I use when I use spinning reels.

I have a Pflueger bait caster; I will probably not get one again. I am enamored of Shimano for baitcaster.

I am sure there are better for both, but I like the reels I get for these brands and will probably stick to them until someone can convince me to get something else and I just love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats it in a nut shell, if it works for you, and you like it, you won the game. sometimes I think this fishing equiptment thing is just whos got the biggest one.But that is what drives the economy envy. If you can sell envy, you got it made.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to know what you think of it Mark after a season of using it. I tried Diawa, Quantum, ABU, Penn and always came back to Shimano. Never tried that brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Just bought this reel to go on a 7 foot St Croix. I was gonna get another Revo SX but I got talked into trying this reel. It was marked down 30 bucks on sale.

Any of you guys got this reel, it feels really good out of the box, am I gonna regret buying this reel.
    Im slowly becoming a Garcia man. I have two STXs and one of the cheapest ones, S? I love them, but time will tell. I fish as much as anyone pretty much so Im hard on my stuff. The Pflueger Supreme is a really heavy reel, I couldnt get used to it. Hope it works out good for you though. My Curado broke my heart, guess I got lemon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I would like to know what you think of it Mark after a season of using it. I tried Diawa, Quantum, ABU, Penn and always came back to Shimano. Never tried that brand.
    Don, I'll let you know, I love my Revo's, but this is suppose to be a very comparable reel.

We'll see???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Im slowly becoming a Garcia man. I have two STXs and one of the cheapest ones, S? I love them, but time will tell. I fish as much as anyone pretty much so Im hard on my stuff. The Pflueger Supreme is a really heavy reel, I couldnt get used to it. Hope it works out good for you though. My Curado broke my heart, guess I got lemon.
    You must be thinking about another reel this is a low profile and isn't heavy at all I was playing with it last night. It isn't a spec heavier than my Revo's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    You must be thinking about another reel this is a low profile and isn't heavy at all I was playing with it last night. It isn't a spec heavier than my Revo's.
    Youre right then. Maybe it was the president reel, I just remember the one I held feeling like it weighed a pound. I know Pflueger makes BPS reels, or did last year, and I was happy with my extremes. Clutch went out on all 7 of them, but that was after about 200 days on the water. Not bad for a cheaper reel.