Search Fishin.com

Thread: just fun

onemorecast56 Guest

just fun

Hi ,,I`ve been fly fishing since I was 6,,dad started me out with a 6.6 flyrod. I`ve always fished for bluegills with a popper. Now I`m 53 and still love it just as much. When I go to nolin,,I bass fish early till the sun gets up,,then pick my flyrod up,,,and catch alot of bass too. But I met Van Vance a few yrs back at tghe river and he always flyfished for stripers,,,I went to Bass Pro yesterday and got me a white and blue streamer,,going to try and see what i can catch at teh warm water discharges,,,i bet it`l be a blast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: just fun

Quote Originally Posted by onemorecast56 View Post
    Hi ,,I`ve been fly fishing since I was 6,,dad started me out with a 6.6 flyrod. I`ve always fished for bluegills with a popper. Now I`m 53 and still love it just as much. When I go to nolin,,I bass fish early till the sun gets up,,then pick my flyrod up,,,and catch alot of bass too. But I met Van Vance a few yrs back at tghe river and he always flyfished for stripers,,,I went to Bass Pro yesterday and got me a white and blue streamer,,going to try and see what i can catch at teh warm water discharges,,,i bet it`l be a blast
    Hey I bought a big streamer fly at BP that sounds like that. Has a little long Rainbow flash on top, long Silver flash on sides, and short red flash on bottom. Black head. Anyway, I bought it for a possible striper fly also. I just need something besides a 5 Wt rod to throw it with. Good luck with yours ! Let us know how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: just fun

Quote Originally Posted by onemorecast56 View Post
    FFin for bluegill is a blast! They are so aggressive and put up a great fight on a low weight rod. I have often dreamed of what it would be like to hook into a striper on a flyrod. I've caughten several on spinning gear, and even then they were a beast to get in! That would be a blast! Take care and good luck. Let us know how you do!

-Rich