Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking A Man who doesn't fish or drink beer

I had to go into Boston for some business yesterday. After parking the car, I walked to the office building I was going to. Along the way I passed several street bums. One particularly dirty guy who really stunk came up to me and asked me for some money so he could get something to eat. Half-jokingly, I asked him how did I know that if I gave him money for food he wouldn't just go fishing instead. He looked at me funny and said, "Fishing? I never go fishing. I spend my days trying to stay alive on the street."

Getting serious, I then asked him if he would just spend the money on beer. He answered, "You may not believe this, but I do not drink. Not a drop."

I told him to come with me. I was going to bring him home and have my wife fix him the best meal he's ever had.

"Are you sure?" he asked, "I know I'm pretty filthy and I probably don't smell too good."

"You'd be doing me a favor," I told him. "I want to show my wife what a guy who doesn't fish or drink beer looks like."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Man who doesn't fish or drink beer

Ha Ha, I love it............................................

Post Thanks / Like

I love to fish, and when i'm not fishing. I'm thinking about fishing. sometimes I think , I may need psychological help. but as for the beer, I wouldn't drink beer, if I could get it delivered to the house for free. my dad was a drunk, and I've seen first hand how drinking, can destroy a man. and family. my baby brother was a beer drinker, the family sometimes would say to him, you must take that beer drinking from your dad. and I would see him smile. in some way, I think it made him feel big, or proud to be like dad. I would not mess with him when he was drinking, one sunday afternoon. at my mothers house, we were talking. and I ask him would he like to go fishing the following saturday. he said yes, and I told him to not be drinking. he said ok. so on saturday I called and my mother said he was drinking. so I told her to tell him we would go some other time. when he was not drinking. so I went fishing, when I got back from fishing. my little brother had been killed in a car wreck. while driving drunk. for some reason I felt like telling this story, and it's true. I think younger guys, think drinking beer makes them look like a big man. with that being said, I also think, the little boys. that you younger guys have, are watching you drink your beer. and most all little boys want to be like dad. I know my baby brother did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I love to fish, and when i'm not fishing. I'm thinking about fishing. sometimes I think , I may need psychological help. but as for the beer, I wouldn't drink beer, if I could get it delivered to the house for free. my dad was a drunk, and I've seen first hand how drinking, can destroy a man. and family. my baby brother was a beer drinker, the family sometimes would say to him, you must take that beer drinking from your dad. and I would see him smile. in some way, I think it made him feel big, or proud to be like dad. I would not mess with him when he was drinking, one sunday afternoon. at my mothers house, we were talking. and I ask him would he like to go fishing the following saturday. he said yes, and I told him to not be drinking. he said ok. so on saturday I called and my mother said he was drinking. so I told her to tell him we would go some other time. when he was not drinking. so I went fishing, when I got back from fishing. my little brother had been killed in a car wreck. while driving drunk. for some reason I felt like telling this story, and it's true. I think younger guys, think drinking beer makes them look like a big man. with that being said, I also think, the little boys. that you younger guys have, are watching you drink your beer. and most all little boys want to be like dad. I know my baby brother did.
    Waterdog......that is a sad story and I feel for you. I'm glad you learned from your dad's mistakes. You are also right that "big" boys are models for "little" boys. Not everyone that drinks beer takes it to those extremes...and it is unfair to label all people who drink beer as poor role models or bad people (not saying you did). I think this thread was intended to tell a joke!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think this thread was intended to tell a joke!!!!!!!!
    Yep, I figured I wasn't the only one with "cabin fever" and the "fishing itch" and thought I might cheer some folks up

Post Thanks / Like

I am very sorry for the loss of your brother.

Although I am known on occasion to put a few cold ones away, I live by this rule:

NEVER DRINK ALCOHOL WHEN IN OR AROUND THE WATER.

If I'm at home watching a UK game or some NFL, sure -- I'll drink one or two. However, I NEVER drink while on the water.

Alcohol brings so many new factors of danger into perspective, especially around water. You can get in trouble (DUI, public intoxication, etc.) or even worse -- DEAD. I think it's okay to drink, as long as you do it responsibly.

By the way, great joke -- gonna tell my wife this later on this evening.

Post Thanks / Like

I apologize to anyone this joke may have accidentally offended I assure you that was never my intention.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aceoky View Post
    I apologize to anyone this joke may have accidentally offended I assure you that was never my intention.
    the post was to tell a good joke, and it was a good one. but it brought back the memories of my dad and brother drinking. I just though the story of my dad and brother, might help some young guy with a little boy. the little guys, watch every thing that their dads do. and want to grow up to be just like dad.so be carful what you do in front of them. I know my brother was a copycat of what our dad did. and it cost him his life. and I never intended to offend anyone by the story I told. I have a daughter, that I love more than life it's self. and she drinks. I've ask her to stop drinking many times. and she says she only has a drink or two when she goes out with her friends. I told her if she just had a coke or tea to drink when they go out. that she may be a big influence on her friends. I don't know why she drinks, and I may be wrong. but I think in some way, she thinks drinking makes her look more grown-up.

Post Thanks / Like

Great joke I told it within 5 minutes of reading it! You have nothing to appologize for, it was just a joke for goodness sake.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to go into Boston for some business yesterday. After parking the car, I walked to the office building I was going to. Along the way I passed several street bums. One particularly dirty guy who really stunk came up to me and asked me for some money so he could get something to eat. Half-jokingly, I asked him how did I know that if I gave him money for food he wouldn't just go fishing instead. He looked at me funny and said, "Fishing? I never go fishing. I spend my days trying to stay alive on the street."

Getting serious, I then asked him if he would just spend the money on beer. He answered, "You may not believe this, but I do not drink. Not a drop."

I told him to come with me. I was going to bring him home and have my wife fix him the best meal he's ever had.

"Are you sure?" he asked, "I know I'm pretty filthy and I probably don't smell too good."

"You'd be doing me a favor," I told him. "I want to show my wife what a guy who doesn't fish or drink beer looks like."
    HA!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Between My Junior year of high school and first year of college I lost 8 friends to alcohol related accidents. (not all in wrecks)
    That being said, I learned that I didn't want to end up with an addiction, disease or dead.
    I also learned that when something is Funny it's Funny.
    And that my friends, is Funny. Maybe not as Funny as DJD's sasquatch but Funny. I could tell my wife...but...She'll Probably make me go get a homeless man and bring him home for dinner for joking about it... As a matter of fact.. I think I'll go get some gift cards and hand them out down town!!!
    All Joking aside.. Keep those guys in your prayers...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbo View Post
    Between My Junior year of high school and first year of college I lost 8 friends to alcohol related accidents. (not all in wrecks)
    That being said, I learned that I didn't want to end up with an addiction, disease or dead.
    I also learned that when something is Funny it's Funny.
    And that my friends, is Funny. Maybe not as Funny as DJD's sasquatch but Funny. I could tell my wife...but...She'll Probably make me go get a homeless man and bring him home for dinner for joking about it... As a matter of fact.. I think I'll go get some gift cards and hand them out down town!!!
    All Joking aside.. Keep those guys in your prayers...
    LOL yeah you gotta watch ol' bubba huh?